Last year, Foundation Medicine announced our vision for creating Employee Resource Networks (ERNs) - employee-led groups that foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with organizational mission, values, goals, business practices, and objectives. UPLIFT (Unleashing the Potential, Leadership, and Impact of Female Talent) - a new network at Foundation Medicine to support females, and those who identify as female, at all levels, was the first ERN we launched at the end of the year. Check out the conversation on LinkedIn.
Building off the success of UPLIFT, I am thrilled to announce the official launch of our PROUD ERN, which will serve to support our LGBTQ+ employees and their allies. PROUD stands for Promoting Representation, Openness, and Understanding of Diversity.
As part of our vision, mission and values at Foundation Medicine, we believe in fostering an environment that empowers employees to bring their authentic selves to work and provides a supportive space for employees to reach their full potential. We do this by living our Values everyday as well as embracing unique perspectives and experiences while creating opportunities for employees to share their passions. Our differences are what make us stronger as a team!
You may have seen events over the past several months that have been sponsored by members of FMI’s LGBTQ+ community:
· Rolling out our Gender Identity and Expression Policy
· Recognizing and supporting of National Coming Out Day
· Attending First Event, one of the longest running conferences in the U.S. for transgender and gender expansive people and allies
· Hosting a lunch and learn with Dr. Ulrike Boehmer focusing on cancer and the LGBTQ+ community
· Hosting OUTBio’s December networking event for LGBTQ+ professionals in the biotech/pharma space
We have some exciting events planned for 2020!