About the Job
The Project Manager, Portfolio Program Management (PPM) is responsible for the planning and
execution of product development projects that add companion diagnostic claims to existing products as
well as other business critical initiatives. The Project Manager works closely with program managers and
other team members to develop, define, and execute project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
and identify the needed resources for projects and programs. The position is highly cross-functional and
visible across FMI.
•Develops, monitors, and controls project/program schedules, scope, and resources.
• Leads internal project team meetings, ensuring there are actionable and documented meeting
outputs that are followed up to ensure project progress is maintained while issues and risks are
• Manages project associated risks including prioritization, escalation, and resolution of the
• Establishes strong, cross-functional, and cross-business relationships that encourage horizontal
thinking and collaboration.
• Operates as an effective facilitator and coach within internal project teams and support external
• Develops and provides project updates as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of experience in a program or project management role
• Project management/organization experience
• Biotechnology/medical related field experience
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Strong change management skills; demonstrated ability to formulate change management
strategies and lead others to rapidly adapt to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
• Demonstrated Ability:
• to respectfully represent a strong position without damaging long-term relationships
• to make timely decisions in the absence of complete information and under tight deadlines
• to look ahead and anticipate future opportunities and challenges, ability to problem solve
in a fast-paced environment
• to influence across multiple business functions and organization levels
• to balance complex priorities and competing stakeholder needs with composure
• to quickly understand and navigate the organizational structure
• Outstanding written and interpersonal communication including the presentation of complex
programs to various customer and stakeholder groups at all levels
• Strong customer focus and commercial intuition
• A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
• Focused, target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Document control system experience
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet and Word
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion.
Foundation Medicine began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.