About the Job
The Accessioning Technician I performs critical sample receipt and data entry functions in FMI’s CLIA-certified clinical laboratory. Specifically, the Accessioning Technician receives all incoming samples and ensures that necessary information has been received to move forward with processing. The Accessioning Technician is assigned to one of three shifts and may be assigned to work any day that the lab is operational.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from FMI Quality Assurance regarding regulatory guidelines.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role.
• Specimen Acceptance:
• Specimen Accessioning
• Ensure regulatory compliance by following local, business unit, and corporate safety policies.
• Participate in biohazard, chemical, radiation safety, and other education programs.
• Identify and inform supervisor of any issues that need to be escalated.
• Assist with accessioning schedule changes if requested by a supervisor, including occasional weekend or off-hours work availability.
• Work in a lab environment using chemicals and regents.
• Collaborate with other departments and colleagues for problem solving.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree
• Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
• Prior experience working in an accessioning department in CLIA laboratory or other clinical diagnostics setting
• Prior professional experience with accessioning and/or anatomic pathology
• Prior use of laboratory information management systems
• Knowledge of medical terminology, specifically anatomic pathology specimen descriptions.
• Excellent computer/data entry skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience handling multiple tasks at once
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers in a fast-paced and cross-functional results-oriented team environment
• Demonstrated experience working within tight timelines for successful execution of project and program goals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!