About the Job
The Account Executive II (AE II) is a field-based role with direct customer engagement on the Sales team within FMI’s Commercial operation. The position is responsible for selling FMI’s suite of specialty products and services, while cultivating relationships with oncologists and other members of the extended cancer care community in a designated geography.
• Create and execute account plan to meet and exceed volume objectives, while focusing on existing customer retainment, sales growth, and new account & customer acquisition.
• Successfully navigate customers at the account level to understand processes and identify key stakeholders for effective selling engagement.
• Effectively engage with key account stakeholders in current and new accounts (e.g. c-suite).
• Pull through NAM and other national segment strategies (e.g. AMCs, pathologist pathways/protocols).
• Identify trends through analytics and regular data reviews; leverage to drive sales and enhance customer experience.
• Assess information relevant to sales, identify key issues, and develop solutions through sales environment adjustments.
• Continually leverage an up-to-date, expert level of product and market knowledge to inform all parts of responsibilities, territory strategy, and sales decisions.
• Educate and pull-through reimbursement and billing services at local level.
• Interact with key stakeholders: decentralized accounts (c- suite, oncologists, pathologists, urologists, admin etc.), NAM accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent FMI (Foundation Medicine) experience
• 4+ years of direct sales experience in the life sciences industry
• Lives within 50 miles of defined geography
• Knowledge and understanding of oncology market and diagnostic services
• Demonstrated history of success in maintaining key relationships with HCPs, sales performance, results-driven mindset, working individually and with teams
• Demonstrated ability to sell and negotiate FMI products within complex environments that help treat cancer patients
• Demonstrated experience handling multiple tasks at once
• Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!