About the Job
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the general ledger accounting team and the accounting practices used to produce the company’s financial statements through the monthly close process. This position will work to ensure that internal controls are properly established and maintained such that all supporting documentation complies with relevant regulations and IFRS accounting standards. This position serves as a trusted leader and partner throughout the organization to help the company deliver clean and accurate financial results on a timely basis each month.
• Manage general ledger accounting team with oversight of cash, prepaids, fixed assets, accruals, revenue, and accounts receivable processes.
• Oversee monthly financial close process completed by broader accounting team, including partnerships with inventory and cost accounting, accounts payable, payroll, equity, and revenue functions.
• Review general ledger accounting entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Perform analytical review of financial statement results during month end close to ensure all entries are booked correctly.
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements for internal reporting to executives and external reporting to parent company.
• Maintain Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting system.
• Identify opportunities for improvement to accounting processes and work with team members to help implement scalable solutions.
• Monitor ongoing compliance with the relevant framework for internal control over financial reporting.
• Research accounting issues for compliance with relevant accounting standards, and complete documentation through memos as needed.
• Partner with colleagues at FMI subsidiaries and parent company to implement process changes which enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting.
• Serve as a leader within the Corporate Management function, including providing coaching, hiring, and evaluation of direct report(s).
• Other duties as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• 5+ years of experience in accounting/finance roles
• Public Accountant Certification (CPA) preferred
• Managerial experience in a biotechnology or life sciences environment
• Experience working in a detailed monthly close environment
• Experience in leading, mentoring, and motivating teams
• History of success in a fast-paced, high volume company involving multitasking and prioritization of multiple deadlines
• Strong understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and new accounting and reporting requirements established by the AICPA, IFRS, FASB, and SEC
• Strong PC Skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Dynamics GP
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong understanding of internal control over financial reporting, including IT systems
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.