Full Time | Morrisville | North Carolina | United States
About the Job
The Administrative Assistant provides support in the areas of scheduling, coordinating travel plans and departmental events, and streamlining administrative processes. This position is responsible for the successful execution of department priorities at FMI through collaboration with the Executive Assistant & Leadership Team and cross-functionally with internal stakeholders including the offices of Executive Team members, senior management teams, and all other functions with which the department interacts.
• Provide professional representation for the function.
• Provide senior leadership calendar management, domestic and international travel arrangements, expense management, individual and central filing support, and all other administrative support.
• Coordination of meetings, creating PowerPoint presentations, coordinating monthly reporting, use of Excel spreadsheets and ordering equipment, etc.
• Assisting on editing/creating communications and documentations that may contain highly confidential information.
• Lead specialized projects requiring strong initiative and follow-through.
• Respond to mail, telephone, electronic and in-person inquiries; address issues independently or complete referrals as appropriate.
• Complete department expense reporting, purchase orders and invoices in accordance with applicable deadlines.
• Work with senior leadership in developing onboarding resources for new team hires.
• Maintain continuously up-to-date calendars for the functional Leadership Team.
• Manage complex scheduling requests for the department to include client meetings, conference planning, and speaking engagements.
• Streamline department processes and daily operations.
• Perform operational support activities for sub-committees, including meeting management, agenda preparation, set up, breakdown, writing minutes, and catering.
• Ensure shipment, receipt and distribution of all packages and mail in a timely fashion.
• Provide ancillary support to other Administrative Assistants and Executive Assistants.
• Coordinate the ordering and receipt of office supplies, kitchen supplies, catering and special orders, food, beverages, and audio-visual setup required for select meetings.
• Greet and direct visitors, deliveries and food purveyors to the appropriate personnel or meeting room.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of team and company information.
• Operate independently with minimum supervision.
• Maintain regular business working hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree
• 3+ years or more of work experience as an administrative/executive assistant or similar support function
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in health care, biotech, consulting, or financial services
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent calendar management skills and demonstrated history of complex scheduling with consistent follow through
• Proven ability to work independently, in a highly organized fashion
• Strong organization and prioritization skills
• Ability to effectively handle multiple detail-oriented projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential/proprietary information
• Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness and responsiveness are essential
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with a wide variety of internal and external clients
• Highly developed, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to consistently strive for excellence and exercise good judgement
• Dependability, dedication, resourcefulness, and independence
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.