Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Agile Program Manager organizes and motivates Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in their projects so as to provide exceptional business value to users. The incumbent is dedicated to leading medium- and large-scale international programs and engagements to bring FMI products to patients and organizations throughout the world. The successful candidate will exercise strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills in managing multiple competing demands impacting the delivery teams. The effective Program Manager has a tremendous impact on our ability to bring products that are transforming cancer care to patients globally.
• Team Facilitation –
· Lead and develop high performing Agile teams.
· Identify team commitments and execute upon initiatives to ensure that teams are delivering upon their commitments.
· Assist the team in defining goals and key milestones.
· Partner with the team in identifying and removing roadblocks and in leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
· Coach members of the scrum team as needed to optimize team efficiency.
• Program Planning and Management –
· Define project scope, plan, and schedule for regular and timely delivery of value.
· Organize and lead project status and working meetings at established intervals.
· Prepare and distribute progress reports on projects to applicable stakeholders.
· Manage risks mitigation and issue resolution as they arise.
· Address and correct deviations from plans.
· Manage expectations of cross-functional stakeholders including senior leadership.
· Perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
• Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving that addresses details and maintains the ‘big picture’ view. When obstacles materialize and no scripted playbook is available, act as a point person for adaptation, improvisation, and finding solutions.
• Manage diverse customer expectations for program deliverables.
Manage stakeholder communications, and work to implement an effective system of program governance.
• Use knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
• Monitor program execution to ensure that all parts adhere to regulatory components and requirements established by various regulatory bodies both within and outside the U.S.
• Represent the program to all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of delivery.
• Operate and interact with diverse international stakeholders with awareness of language and cultural nuances that can strongly influence success of the programs.
• Act as a business partner/engagement manager with key external organizations to ensure consistency of delivery of FMI products in the international setting.
• Occasional domestic/international travel, up to 10%
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology or mathematics
• 2+ years of managing software development projects with cross-functional teams
• Experience leading projects using Agile methodologies
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, Mathematics, or a life science
• Agile Program Management Certifications, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional credentials
• 5+ years of experience using SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• 5+ years of experience developing software in a regulated environment, preferably FDA regulated
• Balanced business and technical background, with sufficient technical knowledge to provide strong leadership of development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Demonstrated experience using Agile Project management tools such as Jira/Confluence or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Experience overseeing geographically dispersed project teams with at least 10-15 team members including developers, business analysts, and quality assurance functions
• Demonstrable understanding of diverse software development methodologies, including Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Scrum, Kanban, eXtreme Programming, Pair Programming, and SAFe, plus the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit specific project and business objectives.
• Prior international program management experience.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.