About the Job
The Agile Project Manager organizes and motivates Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in their projects so as to provide exceptional business value to users. The incumbent is dedicated to leading the Laboratory Automation Scrum Team and exercises strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills in managing multiple competing demands impacting this team. The role relies on a blend of traditional project management practices with an Agile development approach for FMI’s complex, enterprise-level projects. This role, using the right balance of agility and predictability, helps FMI be efficient both with new releases and enhancements to the products that are transforming cancer care.
• Team Facilitation –
· Lead and develop high performing Agile teams.
· Identify team commitments and execute upon initiatives to ensure that teams are delivering upon their commitments.
· Assist the team in defining goals and key milestones.
· Partner with the team in identifying and removing roadblocks and in leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
· Coach members of the scrum team as needed to optimize team efficiency.
• Project Planning and Management –
· Define project scope, plan, and schedule for regular and timely delivery of value.
· Organize and lead project status and working meetings at established intervals.
· Prepare and distribute progress reports on projects to applicable stakeholders.
· Manage risks mitigation and issue resolution as they arise.
· Address and correct deviations from plans.
· Manage expectations of cross-functional stakeholders including senior leadership.
· Perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
• Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving that addresses details and maintains the ‘big picture’ view. When obstacles emerge and no scripted playbook is available, act as a point person for adaptation, improvisation, and finding solutions.
• Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
• Monitor program execution to ensure that all parts adhere to regulatory components and requirements established by The International Electrotechnical Commission, the International Organization for Standardization, Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory bodies.
• Represent the program to all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of delivery.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology or mathematics
• 2+ years of managing software development projects with cross-functional teams
• Experience leading projects using Agile methodologies
• Master’s Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology or mathematics
• Agile Program Management Certifications, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional credentials
• 5+ years of experience using SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• 5+ years of experience developing software in a regulated environment, preferably FDA regulated
• Experience with Laboratory Information Technology Systems implementation
• Balanced business and technical background, with sufficient technical knowledge to provide strong leadership of development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Demonstrated experience using Agile Project management tools such as Jira/Confluence or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Experience overseeing geographically dispersed project teams with at least 10-15 team members including developers, business analysts, and quality assurance functions
• Demonstrable understanding of diverse software development methodologies, including Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Scrum, Kanban, eXtreme Programming, Pair Programming, and SAFe, plus the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit specific project and business objectives.
• Competency with test-driven development practices, including inversion of control, dependency injection, and unit test frameworks
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.