About the Job
The Agile Project Manager helps drive innovation at Foundation Medicine as a member of the Process Engineering and Laboratory Automation team. This position organizes agile projects and teams to deliver high quality automated laboratory solutions that provide exceptional business value to our growing organization. The Agile Project Manager is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects within the group, using agile methods in a fast-paced, high-throughput, clinical environment that crosses multiple business, product, and operational areas. This position has a tremendous impact on our ability to be more efficient and effective as we plan and manage new software releases and enhancements to the products that are transforming cancer care in our clinical laboratories.
• Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
• Team Facilitation – Lead and develop high performing agile teams; hold teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
• Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
• At a team level, coach members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the scrum team.
• Use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning; provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
• Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
• Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
• Maintain availability to work outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
• Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology or mathematics
• 2+ years of managing software development projects with cross-functional teams
• Experience leading projects using Agile methodologies
• PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification
• A proven track record of successfully managing and delivering software or scientific projects using Agile methodologies including SCRUM/KANBAN/LEAN methodologies with enterprise-level scope
• Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Biology, Process Development, and/or related disciplines
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as:
· Microsoft Project, Visio, and all MS Office Applications
· SmartSheet software's collaboration and time management tools
• Prior experience working with automated laboratory systems or manufacturing equipment in a regulated, diagnostics setting
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles with the ability to blend these frameworks together in the right proportions to fit our projects and business environment
• Ability to develop a sufficient level of relevant technically applicable background information to provide to development teams and stakeholders to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project requirements
• Profieciency in Project Management, Agile Software Development
• Extensive leadership experience and strong team building abilities
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!