ABOUT FOUNDATION MEDICINE:
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Architect I serves as an architectural resource to 2-4 engineering teams, their platform, and associated assets. The position is responsible for designing and implementing cloud-native, resilient, secure, and highly scalable technical solutions that address all aspects of infrastructure pertinent to the assigned program. The position contributes to software engineering architectural projects allowing sophisticated analysis at scale for FMI’s clinical, biopharma and research partners.
· Lead and/or participate in technical discussions in various engineering teams, and communicate basic architectural designs to the engineering teams.
· Contribute to determining and managing basic software frameworks for FMI, including but not limited to:
o Toolsets; and
o Standards for compliance and security.
· Generate research and Proof of Concepts in collaboration with various FMI teams.
· Document technical decisions and production designs.
· Leverage experience of senior members of team.
· Build coding templates.
· Other projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in software engineering, development, architecture, or a related technology discipline
· Proficiency in SQL and relational technology
· Experience in cloud development, data services, and microservices
· Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related technology discipline
· 5+ years of progressively responsible software engineering experience
· Experience with some of the following:
o One warehouse or data lake implementation
o At least one production system in the Cloud
o At least one NoSQL data store
· Expert in SQL
· Experience with any of the following: Python, NodeJS and/or Java
· Experience with multiple NoSQL or memory-based data stores
· Understanding of CCPA, HITRUST, HIPAA, other regulations pertinent to data security, and the importance of patient data privacy
· Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.