About the Job
The Associate Director, Assay Marketing Strategy is an integral part of the Portfolio Marketing team within Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS). The incumbent is responsible for developing the global marketing strategies for one of FMI’s current diagnostic products within its portfolio.
• Develop short-term (90-day) and long-term (5 year) strategic marketing plans for a FMI diagnostic product from a global perspective with measurable impact on customer utilization and/or patient access.
• Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across multiple organizations to ensure strategic co-development and subsequent alignment on strategy, positioning and overall value proposition of the diagnostic product within the portfolio from both a global and US perspective.
• Serve as commercial functional leader on lifecycle team delivering cradle to grave product marketing best practices to achieve results.
• Serve as the subject matter expert and the voice of the customer for internal cross-functional efforts on the specific assay within the portfolio.
• Collaborate with relevant internal teams to develop market landscape assessments, including key customers, disease areas, competitors, etc., that allow for the optimization of the assay and portfolio’s go-to-market commercialization strategies.
• Lead product requirements, gathering from external and internal stakeholders, for future products to inform and validate requirements and to facilitate customer-driven trade-off decisions.
• Partner closely with the Commercial and Biopharma organizations to capture key stakeholder needs as well as ensure alignment and fluid pull-through of strategy into execution.
• Develop and lead execution of comprehensive launch readiness and competitive response plans in partnership with cross-functional partners.
• Create relationships and strategic partnerships with key opinion leaders and other stakeholders to execute critical product & business initiatives.
• Spend time in the field to gain market and clinical insights, as well as build relationships with key stakeholders.
• Develop global relationships and builds credibility with key internal cross-functional stakeholders from both Foundation Medicine and Roche.
• Travel up to 30% of the time, primarily, as per organization, state and/or federal guidance in relation to the pandemic.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of marketing experience, 3+ years of which are in product marketing
• International marketing or sales experience
• Advanced degree, Master’s of Business Administration, or PhD within Business, Science, Healthcare or Biomedical
• 7+ years of work experience in product marketing, preferably within medical device or diagnostics, of which 3 years are in Oncology
• Experience in healthcare with an emphasis on diagnostics, genomics, and/or biotechnology
• Experience gathering industry trends, generating deep customer insights and competitive intelligence to target the in-house laboratory testing market segment
• Experience building financial models representing complex market situations to facilitate data-driven decision making
• Experience creating impactful strategic marketing plans and developing value propositions, positioning and targeting
• Experience, preferably within oncology, in developing overarching marketing strategies within a portfolio in a pre-launch and launch lifecycle phase
• Direct product launch experience including regulatory, access, marketing and sales
• Experience building relationships with key customers, cross-functional partners, and external business partners
• Experience in next-generation sequencing technologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.