About the Job
The Associate Director, Corporate Strategy & Portfolio Planning (CSPP), is a role within the CSPP team that helps develop, refine, and implement FMI’s high-level corporate strategy consistent with our mission, vision, short and long-term objectives. The position is responsible for evaluating new strategic directions and growth opportunities in support of corporate strategy. Additionally, the incumbent partners across the company to integrate, embed, and align corporate strategy across all organizational levels, to ensure all efforts are aligned to the strategic vision.
• Regularly assess and manage FMI’s corporate strategy for long-term success.
• Oversee and execute FMI’s annual strategic planning roadmap that enables clear line of sight and alignment from corporate strategy to functional and portfolio strategies, priorities, budgets, and goals.
• Help establish a clear link between FMI’s strategic priorities and resource allocation across the company in close partnership with the Portfolio Planning part of the CSPP team
• Partner across functional areas to deliver strategies aligned with high-level corporate strategy and facilitate cross-functional alignment on strategic initiatives.
• Provide strategic thought leadership for the Executive Team on decisions with broad or long-term business ramifications.
• Lead cross-functional teams through the successful scoping, completion, and implementation of key strategic initiatives, spanning corporate strategy, product strategies, and partnerships.
• Identify and assess external growth and partnership opportunities in the context of FMI’s strategic priorities, in close collaboration with corporate development and the broader Roche Group.
• Monitor industry trends and evaluate the potential impact of industry events on the company’s strategy.
• Effectively articulate and educate on FMI’s corporate strategy, both internally and externally, in partnership with FMI’s Corporate Communications function
• Further strengthen the strategic muscle of the organization.
• May supervise and provide applicable direction, guidance, development and evaluation for CSPP team-members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 6+ years of progressively responsible work experience in a commercial, strategic, analytic, or consulting role within the biopharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry
• Graduate-level Degree (Master’s or Doctoral Degree) in business or a life science
• Understanding of therapeutic or diagnostic development and commercialization
• Strong knowledge in oncology, including external trends and issues in the global oncology landscape
• International market experience
• History or portfolio of generating effective strategy resulting in optimal organizational outcomes
• Prior work experience:
· Conducting or facilitating a variety of analyses pertinent to strategy development
· Leading cross-functional teams within a matrixed and multi-functional work environment
· Establishing effective cross-functional, cross-level, internal and external stakeholder partnerships
· Influencing an organization and individuals on strategy
· Presenting to executive audiences
· Within the healthcare and/or life science industries and/or within high-growth, dynamic, complex business environments
• Demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
· Proactive in identifying priorities that required organizational focus
· Ability to work effectively in ambiguity, simplify in the midst of complexity, exhibit creative problem solving, adapts quickly to changing needs, and deliver results while balancing multiple priorities and manage through change
· Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
· High level of resourcefulness in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available and solving open-ended problems
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI’s vales: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.