About the Job
The Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) plays an integral role in the financial planning, reporting, and analysis process for Foundation Medicine. The position assists in the preparation of financial plans and forecasts based on the strategies determined by the senior management team and is responsible for gathering and publishing various financial reporting and analysis including historical, current, and forward looking financial plans. Additionally, the position performs financial analysis and scenarios using appropriate financial concepts and techniques.
• Provide capex, opex, and headcount reporting and analytics.
• Engage functional business leaders to provide timely and relevant financial information and analyses to enable sound decision making.
• Develop relationships with leaders across the organization.
• Participate in monthly and quarterly business review processes.
• Assist the FP&A team in the quarterly financial forecast process to update the organization on projected financial performance.
• Assist in the strategic planning and analysis processes, including the development of annual operating plans, ongoing forecasting, contingency planning, etc.
• Support preparation of the monthly financial reporting package, including actual vs. budget variance analysis.
• Maintain and provide relevant updates to various reporting and planning models.
• Work collaboratively with Accounting to ensure alignment with budget.
• Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of financial, business, and strategic planning experience with increasing responsibilities
• Master of Business Administration
• Master’s Degree or higher educational level in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years forecast and modeling experience, preferably in a financial planning function within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
• Mix of private and public company experience
• Knowledge of accounting statements and financial reporting
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings and work with cross functional leaders.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to be resourceful in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available
• Experience with MS Dynamics, and Forecasting Systems a plus
• Strong analytical, mathematical, and advanced excel modeling skills
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy & compliance
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.