About the Job
The Associate Director, Change Communications is focused on developing and executing change communication strategies for organizational changes, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives, process and systems updates, and new initiatives within the organization. This position creates effective communications to ensure employees understand changes across the organization and how these changes support the company’s strategy and mission.
• In alignment with the Director, Internal Communications, develop and implement cross-functional change communications in close collaboration with colleagues and leaders across all levels and functions which ensure:
· Messaging is consistent across departments and mediums;
· Communication resonates, and is impactful in each area of the organization; and,
· All applicable mediums are used in these communications.
• Partner with the creative team to ensure alignment to brand standards.
• Measure, report and adjust communications and change management activities, as part of the larger Communications team.
• Strengthen employee engagement and enhance employee understanding of the business’ change initiatives by identifying and creating opportunities for employee engagement and recommending ways to celebrate milestones throughout the change journey.
• Champion the appropriate methodology, tools, techniques, platforms and processes across projects and programs to create clear, strategic communications practices.
• Drive the integration and adoption of multi-channel communications, through research into and execution of integrating new media and technologies as appropriate to help communicate messages to the employee base.
• Tailor communications for different audiences and equip leaders with the tools to deliver communications as necessary.
• Advise project teams on change management and communication approaches to support successful project outcomes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English, Human Resources, or a field involving heavy study of communications
• 7+ years of experience in internal communications, including extensive experience in organizational change communications
• Experience in enterprise-wide transformation efforts, and extensive experience in creating communication strategies that support change initiatives and are geared towards meeting business outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit in a variety of styles and formats in a clear, engaging, actionable, and grammatically correct manner
• Demonstrated change agent and influencer who has led communications strategy and implementation efforts that impacted people, processes, and capabilities on an individual and organizational level
• Track record of leadership in driving a patient-centered mission
• Successful multi-site, cross-functional, team-based work experience involving business partners and stakeholders across different levels and areas of responsibility
• Demonstrated experience managing communications in sensitive and crisis situations
• Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to be a collaborative partner
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Willingness to think creatively and suggest new communications initiatives and channels to achieve communications objectives
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
• High level of attention to detail and nuance
• Passion for contributing to a transformation in cancer care – strong drive and sense of initiative
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.