About the Job
The Associate Director, Channel Strategy is a multi-channel marketing expert responsible for the translation of marketing strategies into multichannel marketing plans driven by insights and analytics. The Associate Director of Channel Strategy is responsible for the identification, selection and optimization of marketing channels across stakeholders and business units. This position partners with healthcare professional strategy, key customer and patient/customer strategy teams as well as biopharma, corporate communications, HR, and others where appropriate, as many groups within the organization depend on the channel strategy team for deep subject matter expertise.
• Responsible for the direct management of the Channel team made up of Digital, Events, and Print & Media marketing leads.
• Responsible for the prioritization of work that will maximize the use of current (or future) channels across all customer types.
• Responsible for the delivery of a consolidated channel strategy that will meet the needs of each of the key customer groups and includes data-driven optimizations and enhancements to existing channels.
• Responsible for the delivery of channel strategy at launch planning meetings, monthly and/or quarterly business reviews, and any other large cross-functional planning efforts with input from each channel marketing lead & key customer leads.
• Responsible for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and tracking against that AOP for the Channel Strategy team, including oversight of Creative Agencies, primarily focusing on health of relationship and tight financial management.
• Responsible for evaluating and measuring channel performance; providing regular analytics and recommendations for optimization.
• Travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 9+ years of experience in Marketing & Advertising
• 2+ years of experience in the healthcare field
• MBA degree
• Experience leading marketing & advertising multichannel marketing strategies across digital, events, print, and paid media
• Proficient in channel analytics reporting, including familiarity with Google Analytics, SEO dashboards, CRM & DMS dashboards, and paid media reporting
• Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports and also members of those functions who contribute to the business unit
• Demonstrated marketing tool/materials development, working with cross functional and internal teams
• Experience working directly with a field team, engaging them in the build out of marketing collateral and a marketing collateral road map
• Comfortable with digital marketing technologies such as content management systems, social media marketing platforms, email marketing platforms, and customer relationship management platforms
• Strong financial acumen, preferably experience managing 5-10M+ spend
• Experience in 3rd party vendor management and oversight
• Unparalleled project management skills: scope and budget management, timeline management, cross-functional team management, and end-to-end strategy development management; agile/waterfall/kanban understanding and experience helpful
• Proficient with business platforms (cloud-based collaboration tools, MS office tools, etc.)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable with public speaking in front of internal stakeholders and executives
• Understanding of medical affairs, drug development and commercialization process
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Mission driven; passionate about transforming the landscape of cancer care by bringing innovative technologies to the market
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.