About the Job
The Associate Director, Healthcare Professional (HCP) Strategy is responsible for the data-driven approach to maximizing engagement with healthcare professional customers, by combining a deep understanding of customer needs, behaviors/beliefs, and value with the ability to engage specific customers in the optimal way at various touch points across the relationship with those customers. This position’s primary responsibilities lie in understanding each of our customer types and segments (i.e. Oncologist vs. Pathologist and Leader vs. Practitioner), crafting and prioritizing messages for those customer types and segments, and helping prioritize the channels used for distributing messages. This includes the development and utilization of messages and channels as part of co-commercialization efforts with our biopharma partners, as beliefs and behaviors related to targeted and immunotherapies is critical to the utilization of comprehensive genomic profiling.
• Responsible for the direct management of the HCP strategy team made up of Commercial and Co-Commercialization leads.
• Responsible for the prioritization of initiatives that will bring us the deepest understanding of our customers, will best inform our strategy, and will help craft and validate our messages so that we can deliver with confidence across customer types.
• Responsible for the delivery of a consolidated customer strategy and set of messages that are informed by the Commercial and Co-Commercialization leads; strategy and messages will be built out for: products, services, data, billing & reimbursement, disease ontology education and comprehensive genomic profiling education.
• Responsible for the delivery of marketing approach and messages at launch planning meetings, monthly and/or quarterly business reviews, and any other large cross-functional planning efforts with input from Commercial and Co-Commercialization leads.
• Responsible for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and tracking against that AOP for the HCP Strategy team, including oversight of Creative Agencies, primarily focusing on health of relationship and tight financial management.
• Responsible for identifying and utilizing market insights, including competitive and comparable data, and business performance metrics to inform strategic planning and necessary pivots, in combination with our Strategic Insights and Analytics team.
• Responsible for measuring and reporting on performance metrics in critical areas such as message resonance and campaign performance.
• Travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 9+ years’ experience in Marketing & Advertising
• 5+ years’ experience in the healthcare industry
• MBA degree
• Experience leading marketing & advertising strategies in the healthcare industry, preferably with experience in Oncology
• Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports but also members of those functions who contribute to the business unit
• Demonstrated success with strategy development, portfolio management, and translation into tactical execution plans
• Operations experience within a biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device company
• Experience with message development, validation, and message resonance tracking; comfortable editing and overseeing copy development
• Demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion
• Demonstrated success working with Legal, Medical, Regulatory review teams
• Proficient with business platforms (cloud-based collaboration tools, MS office tools, etc.)
• Experience working directly with a field team, engaging them in the process of understanding customer beliefs to developing strategies to drive behavioral change
• Strong financial acumen, preferably experience managing 5-10M+ spend
• Experience in 3rd party vendor management and oversight
• Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills, particularly in front of external partners or customers and internal stakeholders
• Strong project management skills: scope and budget management, timeline management, cross-functional team management, and end-to-end strategy development management
• Understanding of medical affairs, drug development and commercialization process
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Mission driven; passionate about transforming the landscape of cancer care by bringing innovative technologies to the market
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.