Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Associate Director, Quality Engineering is a hands-on leader for the Professional Services pillar of the Quality Engineering team comprising of System Integration Testers, Senior Software Engineers in Test and Performance Testers. This leader leverages advanced Quality Engineering skills while mentoring individual contributors and collaborating cross functionally to drive Quality Engineering initiatives. In addition to managing a team, the Associate Director is responsible for building and scaling out core quality engineering disciplines such as performance testing, security testing, compliance testing, reliability and scalability testing. The Associate Director also oversees all levels of quality checks performed, performs gap analysis across the enterprise, builds the vision for the professional services team and executes on that vision. This position defines practices, procedures, methodologies, and tools to be used in a Test-Driven Development and Data Driven Testing Model, which is compliant by design. This leader oversees a team that is responsible for the development and execution of test plans against custom reference system software to verify that the final product conforms to the original design criterion, meets established requirements, and is free from defects. The Associate Director strategically leads the entire team towards the 100% automated test execution and embedded testability requirements within the Engineering cycles.
• Oversee the Quality Engineering – Professional Services team comprising of Quality Engineers, Sr Software Engineer in Tests and Performance testers, providing coaching, guidance, direction, evaluation and hiring as needed.
• Track deliverables, direct workflows and prioritize for the team.
• Generate the overall operational procedures for quality engineering to be used by the team, cross team and department.
• Align internally with Tools & Platforms and Compliance Engineering teams to design procedures which are compliant and testable by design with a focus on complete automation.
• Build and scale out core quality engineering disciplines such as performance testing, security testing, compliance testing, reliability and scalability testing.
• Manage and help define environment strategy across the Enterprise needed for the different levels of testing for the teams.
• Manage, provide guidance to and monitor performance of contract testing teams.
• Conform to all elements within the FMI Software Development Lifecycle.
• Validate quality processes by:
· Establishing product specifications and quality attributes;
· Measuring production;
· Documenting evidence;
· Determining operational and performance qualifications; and,
· Writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
• Develop, in close collaboration with other teams, the change control process for software releases.
• Continue to evolve and mature existing Quality Engineering Standard Operation Procedures.
• Interact with the development and product staff in order to identify and resolve issues in a timely efficient manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• 8+ years of professional software programming experience
• 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
• Proficiency in Java or Python
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or similar discipline
• 10+ years of experience with automated software testing tools and practices
• 5+ years of experience in Performance and Security testing
• Prior experience with designing standard operating procedures and rolling out across the Enterprise
• Prior experience in working in both a centralized and federated model of the department
• Prior hands on experience with Cloud and DevOps tools and technologies
• Prior experience with a structured software language
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.