Full Time | Cambridge | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Associate Director, Alliance Management manages FMI’s partnerships locally, nationally and globally in communication and coordination efforts to ensure delivery on existing commitments and to support partnership expansion. The Alliance Management professional works on a variety of different programs and enjoys the opportunity to advance projects in the context of a vibrant global environment and rapidly evolving field. This position specifically supports growth and partnership management of a growing and strategic portfolio of clinical trials that FMI supports in an expanding biopharma partnership.
• Serve as key proactive point of contact in managing day-to-day focused on an assigned large portfolio of clinical trial projects being executed in collaboration with a large biopharma partner.
• Supervise a team of Alliance Associates, providing guidance to the team and scaling of the team appropriately to manage specific aspects of external partner collaborations.
• Research partner’s structure, people, strategy, communication style and decision-making processes to ensure optimal partnership engagements.
• Develop, manage, and expand relationships with senior stakeholders in partner organization.
• Coordinate efforts across internal and external organizations to ensure that partnership goals are achieved, and governance processes are respected.
• Proactively identify and raise issues; develop and provide recommendations for resolutions.
• Act as point of internal and joint escalation, when possible resolving issues without further escalation.
• Provide support to Director, Alliance Management for planning and participation in governance meetings and agendas as applicable.
• Provide support for planning and execution of quarterly face-to-face partner meetings as it relates to profiling business.
• Manage and oversee weekly partner meetings.
• Develop understanding and plan for all contracts pertinent to assigned partnership area(s).
• Manage and develop team members; for example:
· Manage underperformance and celebrate excellent performance; and,
· Coach individual team members to identify and address development areas.
• May participate in creation of and review of partnership scorecard and lead health check process as it relates to specific aspects of the partnership .
• Serve as the steward of the partnership’s strategic intent, managing partnership expansion opportunities and executing efforts to ensure the partnership realizes its long-term potential.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or diagnostic academic center or industry, 5+ years of which were in business development, project management or alliance management
• Advanced Degree in a relevant scientific discipline
• Competency in navigating and communicating across organizations with different cultures
• Track record of having managed successful partnerships, as well as a desire and ability to perform both at a strategic leadership level as well as in a hands-on capacity.
• Experience managing people
• Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills
• High level of attention to detail and nuance
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in the planning and execution of projects, ideally across multiple functional areas and various development phases
• Demonstrated history of meeting project deadlines
• Demonstrated success in a highly independent position
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Passion for contributing to a transformation in cancer care – strong drive, sense of initiative and commitment to mission.
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.