About the Job
The Associate Director, Assay Marketing Strategy is an integral part of the Portfolio Marketing team within FMI Commercial. This position is responsible for developing the global go-to-market strategies and marketing requirements for multiple pipeline diagnostic products within FMI’s portfolio.
• Be accountable for developing strategic marketing plans and/or go-to-market plans for an FMI diagnostic product from a global perspective with measurable impact on customer utilization and/or patient access.
• Serve as commercial functional leader on the Lifecycle Team delivering product marketing best practices, growth recommendations, and strategic opportunities to achieve results.
• As leader of a Commercial Subteam supporting the Lifecycle Team, collaborate with key internal stakeholders across multiple business units and functions to ensure strategic co-development and subsequent alignment on strategy, positioning and overall value proposition of the diagnostic product within the portfolio from both a global and US perspective; contribute to executional pull-through as needed.
• Work in partnership with the lifecycle leader to assess current and future product opportunities to assess and prioritize short and long-range portfolio roadmap strategies.
• Lead marketing requirements gathering for potential future products or iterations from external and internal stakeholders to inform product development and to facilitate customer-driven trade-off decisions.
• Partner closely with the Commercial and Biopharma organizations to capture key stakeholder needs as well as ensure alignment and fluid pull-through of strategy into execution.
• Develop and lead execution of comprehensive commercial launch readiness and competitive response plans in partnership with cross-functional partners.
• Spend time in the field to gain market and clinical insights, as well as build relationships with key stakeholders & thought leaders.
• Develop global relationships and build credibility with key internal cross-functional stakeholders from both Foundation Medicine and Roche.
• Travel up to 30% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of marketing experience, 3+ years of which are in product marketing
• Advanced degree, such as a Master’s of Business Administration, or PhD within Business, Science, Healthcare or Biomedical
• 7+ years of work experience in product marketing, preferably within medical devices or diagnostics, of which 3+ years are in Oncology
• Globally-focused marketing or sales experience
• Experience in healthcare with an emphasis on diagnostics, genomics, and/or biotechnology
• Experience gathering industry trends, generating deep customer insights and competitive intelligence to target the in-house laboratory testing market segment
• Experience building financial models representing complex market situations to facilitate data-driven decision making
• Experience creating impactful strategic marketing plans and developing value propositions, positioning and targeting
• Direct product launch experience including regulatory, access, marketing and sales
• Experience building relationships with key customers, cross-functional partners, and external business partners
• Experience in next-generation sequencing technologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.