The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
• Manage and lead the Biomarker Team’s day-to-day workflow.
• Lead the design and analysis of novel NGS-based biomarkers for precision medicine.
• Lead the novel biomarker development.
• Lead efforts to improve the consistency on how biomarker rules are defined and formatted, including:
· Maintain and define the process to intake and organize new biomarkers;
· Gather biomarker requirements from partners and perform gap analysis supported by the other functional teams; and
· Maintain an accounting of all biomarker rules (definition, partner/program, and description of implementation).
• Solicit feedback and communicate biomarker definition/rule and biomarker analysis results within FMI and to external stakeholders.
• Provide key contributions to the analytical studies in the program, including but not limited to protocol development, testing and execution
• Provide contributions to the clinical studies if needed.
• Contribute to the planning and delivery of key analytical components of regulatory submissions, including but not limited to Q-subs, PMA, and sPMA.
• Provide strategic contributions in addressing the issues related to biomarker analysis and biomarker harmonization.
• Represent Biomarker Team in key regulatory meetings.
• Contribute to the long-term growth strategy of the Product Development Team by participating in process improvement initiatives.
• Proactively raise issues and propose solutions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cancer Genomics or a related field with a significant quantitative base
• Proficiency with one or more of the following scientific computing languages: Python, R, Matlab, or Java
• 5+ years of professional biotechnology or diagnostics experience in the life sciences industry or at academic research institutions
• Doctor of Philosophy in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field with a significant quantitative base
• Extensive knowledge of predictive biomarker for cancer therapy and scientific understanding of cancer genetics and genomics
• 6+ years of professional biotechnology or diagnostics experience in the life sciences industry or at academic research institutions
• Prior professional experience with:
· Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
· bioinformatics tools and databases (e.g., NCBI, UCSC Genome Browser, IGV)
· cluster parallel computing
· explaining complex technical details in clear language for easy interpretation
· managing and leading a team
· developing engagement in client-facing settings
• Strong programming and algorithm development skills
• Leadership skills including proactive strategy setting, priority evaluations, conflict resolution, role modeling, and developing effective partnerships
• Excellent interpersonal communication skill and history of using skills in effective collaboration and cross-functional relationship building
• Record of independent work and independent contributions in addition to team collaboration
• High level of attention to detail and history of high quality work
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet tight deadlines under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!