About the Job
The Associate Director, Capital Projects and Facility Engineering is a key contributor in the planning and execution of FMI’s annual facilities and real estate capital plan in support of the company’s corporate strategy and operating plan. The role is essential in the further development of FMI’s facilities engineering function and supports all FMI domestic and international sites. The incumbent has a broad range of project responsibilities including office/lab space projects, building renovation, and build-out projects. Additionally, the position effectively collaborates amongst the facility and real estate group in the planning and design to support an efficient use of office, lab, manufacturing, and support workplace.
• Develop annual capital budget in conjunction with key stakeholders.
• Identify, analyze, prioritize, communicate, and mitigate project risks.
• Manage and oversee multiple projects and project managers simultaneously to ensure successful and timely project outcomes.
• Develop, maintain, and effectively execute project plans throughout the course of assigned projects according to established procedures, channels, and success expectations.
• Demonstrate a high level of performance in project budgeting, procurement, contract negotiations and scheduling.
• Forecast, track, and manage project budgets, POs, and invoices in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and FMI policy.
• Lead planning, budgeting, and delivery of facilities space planning projects at multiple geographic locations.
• Define, implement, and monitor quality standards on all project deliverables.
• Coordinate appropriate resources (technical & non-technical) to meet project needs.
• Plan and manage internal and external project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information, expectations, and deliverables.
• Drive communication and integration between key-stakeholders to ensure the timely execution of all capital projects.
• Adhere to industry standard project management practices.
• Additional duties related to project management as assigned.
• Act as a key collaborator in the Engineering function to ensure support of sustained cGMP clinical lab operations.
• Support the development of engineering standards with accordance with Good Engineering Practices.
• Perform and oversee initial start-up and commissioning of all FMI facilities.
• Partner with QA and other key stakeholders to develop and execute QCV activities.
• Drive the initiation, management, and closure of change initiatives as it relates to cGMP and base building utility operations.
• Perform risk and resiliency assessments on critical facility systems.
• Foster partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide technical expertise as needed.
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
• Other duties related to engineering as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental or Construction Management)
• 8+ years of experience in project and facilities management
• Advanced study of Architecture, Construction Management, Facilities Management, Engineering, or a related field.
• Project Management (PMP) certification
• Prior experience:
· in the Life Science industry
· with managing a project portfolio with an annual spend of $50 million plus
· with large scale, multi-year construction projects
· collaborating with cross-functional technical and non-technical teams
· in Engineering of utility systems, facility design, and building automation systems
· with Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer-aided Facility Management (CAFM) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) technologies
• Knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft Office applications, Cloud based Project Management and Scheduling application
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Procedure (cGMP) requirements
• Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
• Excellent communication, technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, respect, understanding and the incorporation of multiple points of view
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.