About the Job
The Associate Director, Commercial Programs (ADCP) establishes and drives the development of FMI’s commercial programs, partner collaborations and cross-functional teamwork to expand FMI’s partnership with external stakeholders. This involves a combination of leading customer engagements on data, workflow integration and data insight conversations, as well as managing cross-team initiatives to deliver value beyond FMI assays. Customer engagement work encompasses the creation and implementation of a high-level business plan and sales strategy focused on leveraging the combined expertise and resources of FMI. The ADCP is charged with maintaining and developing relationships with customers to achieve defined objectives within FMI’s ‘beyond the test’ strategy. The position requires multifunctional interactions, including close collaboration with National Accounts, Client Services, Marketing, IT, Sales Operations, Business Development, Account Executives and Sales Leaders.
This position covers many customer relationships and requires regular overnight travel (approximately 25% post covid).
• Partner with National Account and Sales team members to target, plan, and drive test utilization through ‘beyond the test’ collaborations with FMI’s external partners.
• Collaborate with FMI’s technology team to create new features that support seamless assay ordering and reporting across external stakeholders.
• Engage customers on data collaborations and deliver opportunities through data sharing.
• Identify and build data partnerships with external stakeholders to expand FMI’s ability to service customers and deliver critical decision insights.
• Manage client onboarding, education and implementation of FMI data products.
• Lead cross-team initiatives to further develop FMI’s workflow integration, data insights and data collaboration tools.
• Communicate effectively to key internal stakeholders the key insights gathered from client regarding opportunities to better serve their data needs.
• Develop and execute a shared strategy and tactics with key commercial partners with the focus on expanding F1CDx, F1LCDx, and F1H testing and increasing patient access to drugs and improved outcomes.
• Partner closely with FMI functions as needed to develop the tools and messaging needed for the successful implementation and execution of FMI’s commercial programs.
• Maintain a high level of product and market knowledge and apply it as applicable.
• Hold discussions with C Suite prospects, clinicians and other key external stakeholders on the value of FMI ‘beyond the test offerings’ and communicate effectively back how FMI can support client needs.
• Travel 25% of the time to key customer sites (post covid).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of Commercial experience in the healthcare industry
• Master’s of Business Administration or other advanced (Master’s+) Degree in a business field
• 2+ years of experience:
• Experience engaging customers on the benefits of real world data
• Proficiency with PDF, XML, HL7, Variant and BAM files; strong understanding of EMR, LIS systems
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!