About the Job
The Associate Director, Corporate Strategy & Portfolio Planning (CSPP), is a key role within the CSPP team, focusing on FMI’s Corporate ‘Portfolio Planning’. This position is accountable for the day to day oversight of FMI’s portfolio of established and pipeline projects and determining appropriate resource allocation, consistent with the organization’s short and long-term objectives. The position also contributes to the evaluation of growth opportunities in support of corporate strategy. The role is highly cross functional and partners with R&D, Finance, CPMO (Corporate Program Management Office) and others, while closely collaborating on relevant projects and FMI’s overall Corporate Strategy together with the broader CSPP team.
• Contribute to the development and ongoing maintenance of a strategic view of FMI’s portfolio:
• Performing robust economic and strategic evaluation:
• Other relevant duties as assigned:
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6+ years of experience working in a commercial, strategic, analytic, or consulting role within the biopharmaceutical, life sciences, or related industry
• Graduate-level Degree (Master’s or Doctoral Degree) in business or a life science
• Experience in a similar Portfolio Planning role with demonstrated ability to align an organization around a common set of quantitative and qualitative principles for successful portfolio prioritization
• International market experience
• Prior work experience:
• History or portfolio of generating effective strategy resulting in optimal organizational outcomes
• Understanding of therapeutic or diagnostic development and commercialization
• Strong knowledge in oncology, including external trends and issues in the global oncology landscape
• Demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
• High level of resourcefulness in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available and solving open-ended problems
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI’s vales: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.