About the Job
The Associate Director of Strategic Insights & Analytics, Advanced Data Analytics is responsible for leading the development and execution of analysis to deliver timely and actionable insights that drive strategic planning and business operations activities across Foundation Medicine. This position has primary responsibility for portfolio analytics, including analytics of product/portfolio performance, behavioral analytics, and marketing/sales channel effectiveness.
• Lead analytics activities, including sales and marketing analytics, customer targeting and segmentation, and customer behavior analytics.
• Develop and execute advanced analytical and statistical methods to answer a variety of business questions using multiple data sources and tools.
• Lead the delivery of reporting solutions related to performance management (dashboards and self-service); lead the interaction with end users to gather business requirements and metrics and communicate value of the initiative/dashboard/self-service.
• Champion new innovative analytical solutions to deliver actionable insights; proactively propose innovative analytical solutions to business questions and problems and implement suggested methods.
• Monitor and assess the effectiveness of strategic and promotional efforts, projects, and practices to identify opportunities to optimize the value of investments across the portfolio.
• Proactively seek to understand business needs, priorities, and scope of work to continually refine and enhance our data analytics capabilities.
• Manage, mentor, and develop 2 direct reports.
• Effectively collaborate and partner with key internal data groups within FMI to achieve results.
• Travel up to 20% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, etc.)
• 6+ years of experience working in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, or health IT industry, delivering end-to-end data analysis projects
• Advanced degree (PhD, MS) in a data-related field with a substantial scientific and statistical component
• 8+ years of experience in advanced data analytics in healthcare
• Prior oncology or diagnostics experience
• Experience in large-scale healthcare data analysis and industry models/standards; analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases (electronic medical records, claims, etc.)
• Significant experience building reports/dashboards with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
• Prior experience with pharmaceutical sales, marketing, and medical claims data sets (IMS, SDI, Symphony, Flatiron)
• Prior people management experience
• Advanced hands-on knowledge of SQL, R and/or Python
• Expertise with a variety of statistical analysis techniques (e.g. linear/logistic regression, cluster analysis, significance testing, factor analysis, ANCOVA)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to translate complex reports and analysis into simple ‘business speak’ and present results clearly and succinctly to internal stakeholders up to the executive level
• Demonstrated ability to identify new and innovative ways to overcome barriers and obstacles and to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work effectively in a fluid, cross-functional matrixed environment and collaborate effectively
• Ability to proactively “connect the dots” by asking thought-provoking questions
• Good problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, understanding, and anticipating interdependencies
• Ability to lean in and manage through change
• Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to develop strong partnerships
• Objective when presenting insights and guiding decision-making; demonstrated good presentation skills by pairing sound analytics with storytelling
• Motivated to continuously improve performance; outcomes-focused and driven to achieve objectives
• Strong sense of responsibility with demonstrable comfort in an entrepreneurial environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.