The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Associate Director, Franchise Development helps define the strategy and implementation of a designated product or portion of the clinical product portfolio. The position is responsible for directing the strategy, ideation, releases and features of the designated product(s) and their respective workflows, in close collaboration with departmental and cross-functional stakeholders. This will include supporting regulatory submissions while ensuring compliance to design control and design change principles. Additionally, this position may be responsible for supervising and training some staff within the department.
• Develop a strategic roadmap for progressing FMI’s product and molecular information portfolio.
• Partner with leaders and colleagues across Product Development, Clinical Development, Commercial, and Biopharma teams to refine the roadmap on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Provide structured thinking to product team, such as negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources, delegating as appropriate.
• Lead project phase reviews that define and track key project metrics.
• Maintain the product budget and forecast for the full lifecycle.
• Gather market data and information on client and customer groups, in close collaboration with the Sales, Marketing, and Account Manager groups, at regular intervals for generating new iterations.
• Conduct brainstorms and other sessions to curate new ideas for product development, incorporating feedback and current information.
• Develop the scope, schedule, risk, resource and performance of new product introduction or continuation.
• Run meetings and events to ensure team ownership and commitment to product plans.
• Assimilate new information into the product roadmap as identified.
• Produce reports and information on the product development status.
• Lead the cross-functional team in execution of workflows related to the complete product cycle and new product releases.
• Act as point of contact in cross-functional communications.
• Serve as the liaison between the Product Development team and FMI governance (Portfolio Review Team, Infrastructure Management Team, and Executive Team).
• Generate communications related to program and product plan activities, including progress, milestones, obstacles, and plans.
• Maintain in-depth troubleshooting knowledge regarding the designated product.
• Rapidly resolve critical issues that impact delivery.
• Other duties assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related life sciences field
• 6+ years of experience within the biotechnology or life sciences industry
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related field
• 3+ years of prior work experience in cancer diagnostics
• 3+ years of prior experience developing and overseeing the execution of development programs that have led to long-term, sustainable success of multiple products
• Established knowledge base regarding NGS technology and biomarker development
• Detailed knowledge of clinical product development, including:
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to explain complex technical details in clear language
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Expertise in building relationships based on trust both internal and external to an organization
• Technical proficiency and creativity
• Strong capacity for independent thinking
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically in presentations
• Excellent attention to detail and a demonstrated commitment to quality
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!