The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Associate Director, Franchise Development helps to lead the strategy and implementation of a designated product or portion of the clinical product portfolio. The position is responsible for directing the strategy, ideation, releases and features of the designated product(s) and their respective workflows, in close collaboration with departmental and cross-functional stakeholders. Additionally, this position may be responsible for supervising and training some staff within the department.
• Strategy Implementation
· Contribute to strategic roadmap for developing FMI’s product and molecular information portfolio.
· Partner with leaders and colleagues across Product Development, Computational Biology, Technology, Clinical Development, Commercial and Biopharma to refine the roadmap as defined on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Provide structured thinking to product team on overall product development including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources.
• Product Development
· Lead project phase reviews that define and track key project metrics.
· Assimilate market data and information on client and customer groups gathered by Commercial, Clinical and Biopharma groups into requirements for new products and existing product improvements.
· Conduct brainstorms and other sessions to curate new ideas for product development, incorporating feedback and current information.
· Develop the scope, schedule, risk, resource and performance of new product introduction or continuation.
· Schedule and run meetings and/or events with the purpose of fostering team ownership and commitment to product plans.
· Incorporate new information into the product roadmap as identified.
· Produce reports and information on the product development status.
· Act as point of contact for team in cross-functional communications, and additionally act as liaison between the team and FMI governance (the Portfolio Review Team, Infrastructure Management Team, and the Executive Team).
· Generate communications related to program and product plan activities, progress, milestones, obstacles, and plans.
· Maintain in-depth troubleshooting knowledge regarding the designated product.
· Rapidly resolve critical issues that impact delivery.
· Perform other duties assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related life sciences field
• 7+ years of experience within the biotechnology or life sciences industry
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related field
• Established knowledge base regarding NGS technology and biomarker development
• 3+ years of prior work experience in cancer diagnostics
• 3+ years of prior experience developing and overseeing the execution of development programs that have led to long-term, sustainable success of multiple products
• Detailed knowledge of clinical product development, including:
· Regulatory data and processes
· Interpretation of complex data sets (scientific, business, and financial), clinical trial designs and scientific or clinical publications
• Expertise in building relationships based on trust both internal and external to an organization
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Technical proficiency and creativity
• Strong capacity for independent thinking
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically presentations
• Ability to explain complex technical details in clear language
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and an obsession with quality• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you. Your friend will receive an email shortly.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!