About the Job
The Associate Director, Strategic Insights & Analytics - Market Planning participates actively in Foundation Medicine’s strategic planning efforts by providing unbiased, objective, in-depth assessments of current and future market trends, portfolio and product performance, and growth opportunities. This position is responsible for designing and executing quantitative primary market research, building product and market forecast models, and incorporating secondary data into analyses to guide strategic planning efforts. Additionally, the Associate Director works to proactively embed an external market point-of view into the strategic direction of the company.
• Regularly assess and evaluate the impact of market and competitive trends on FMI product, portfolio, and market growth.
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative primary market research to inform strategies.
• Create and validate short and long-range, patient-based forecasts.
• Develop business cases to support business development and portfolio investment decision-making.
• Proactively provide insights and recommendations on opportunities for growth to support decision-making across the organization.
• Keep abreast of the diagnostic and oncology markets to ensure development of robust, strategic assessments.
• Proactively collaborate across Strategic Insights & Analytics (SIA) and internal partners to incorporate a broad, holistic market perspective into assessments.
• Produce and present executive-level presentations on market and opportunity assessments with strong, logical, data-driven analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or scientific discipline
• 8+ years of forecasting and/or market planning experience in the diagnostics, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industry
• Advanced degree/MBA
• Prior management consulting experience
• Strong proficiency in demand forecasting, uncertainty analyses, etc.
• Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, and history of acting as a strategic advisor
• Demonstrated ability to execute on multiple projects in a fast-paced, results-orientated work environment
• Demonstrated ability to:
· use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
· see hidden problems
· look beyond the obvious and not stop at the first answer
· use creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulate strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture; ability to effectively pose questions in order to "tease out" information required for decision-making and to handle risk and uncertainty
• Ability to grasp key issues quickly, understand the "big picture" and link market insights to larger issues
• Excellent presentation skills and strong proficiency with presentation tools (PowerPoint, etc)
• Strong communication, prioritization, and influencing skills
• Effective and persuasive written and verbal communication skills, both cross-functionally and with higher management
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.