About the Job
The Associate Director, Healthcare Professional (HCP) Strategy is responsible for the data-driven approach to maximizing engagement with healthcare professional customers, by combining a deep understanding of customer needs, behaviors/beliefs, and value with the ability to engage specific customers in the optimal way at various touchpoints across the relationship with those customers. The primary responsibilities of this role lie in understanding each of our customer types and segments (i.e. Oncologist vs. Pathologist and Leader vs. Practitioner), crafting and prioritizing messages for those customer types and segments, and helping prioritize the channels used for distributing messages.
• Prioritize initiatives that bring us the deepest understanding of our customers, best inform our strategy, and help craft and validate our messages so that we can deliver with confidence across customer types.
• Deliver a consolidated customer strategy and set of messages that are informed by the commercial goals. Strategy and messages may be built out for: products, services, data, billing & reimbursement, disease ontology education and comprehensive genomic profiling education.
• Deliver marketing approach and messages at launch planning meetings, monthly and/or quarterly business reviews, and any other large cross-functional planning efforts with input from cross-functional colleagues and subject matter experts.
• Be responsible for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and tracking against that AOP for the HCP strategy and message requirements, including oversight of Creative Agencies, primarily focusing on health of relationship and tight financial management.
• Identify and utilize market insights, including competitive and comparable data and business performance metrics to inform strategic planning and necessary pivots, in combination with our Strategic Insights and Analytics team.
• Measure and report on performance metrics in critical areas such as message resonance and campaign performance.
• Travel up to 20% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 9+ years of experience in Marketing & Advertising
• 5+ years of experience in healthcare industry
• MBA Degree
• Experience leading marketing & advertising strategies in the healthcare industry, preferably with experience in Oncology
• Experience with message development, validation, and message resonance tracking; comfortable editing and overseeing copy development
• Experience working directly with a field team, engaging them in the process of understanding customer beliefs to developing strategies to drive behavioral change
• Experience in 3rd party vendor management and oversight
• Operations experience within a biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device company
• Demonstrated success with strategy development, portfolio management, and translation into tactical execution plans
• Demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion
• Demonstrated success working with Legal, Medical, Regulatory review teams
• Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports but also members of those functions who contribute to the business unit
• Understanding of medical affairs, drug development and commercialization process
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Proficient with business platforms (cloud-based collaboration tools, MS office tools, etc.)
• Strong financial acumen; experience managing 5-10M+ spend
• Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills in front of external partners, customers and internal stakeholders
• Strong project management skills: scope and budget management, timeline management, cross-functional team management, and end-to-end strategy development management
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Mission driven; passionate about transforming the landscape of cancer care by bringing innovative technologies to the market
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.