About the Job
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs Customer Operations supports the customer-facing functions interface process, systems, plans and deliverables. This role ensures valuable and targeted customer interactions by facilitating access to and distribution of information through management of key communication channels and platforms.
The Associate Director works with cross-functional business partners and stakeholders to engage with external customers and collaborate and align customer-facing functions, providing expertise and ensuring internal operational excellence. This position achieves the Medical Affairs (MA) operations objectives by working across MA functions and with various departments, including other Medical Teams, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Legal and Commercial teams, and IT and Client Services.
• Play the lead role in conducting cross-functional customer needs, including CRM systems, data, reporting and business process needs analysis and requirements gathering:
· Advise others regarding business process, data, software and/or hardware requirements to support annual and longer-range MA customer-facing strategies, plans and objectives.
· Work with other MA management and staff, IT and other internal partners and stakeholders to fully scope MA business solutions requirements and projects.
· Identify and recommend required resources to complete projects, which may include liaison, meetings and discussions with internal and external Informatics partners and vendors.
· Develop and implement cross customer-focused programs to ensure timely, on-target and within-budget completion.
• Align organizational resources to accomplish key objectives; deliver superior results by trusting and empowering resilient, high-impact teams; recognize individuals and teams for progress and smart risks, as well as success.
• Maintain focus on a long-term strategy while successfully adapting to changing environmental conditions. Provide focus and direction to successfully navigate complexity & uncertainty.
• Identify and recommend new or updated customer aligned business processes to support the most effective and efficient customer operations to meet internal and external customer needs.
• Act as the lead subject matter expert to various internal partners, stakeholders and teams, providing expert stakeholder business information, process and systems guidance and direction for a variety of MA projects, including the broader CRM program.
• Lead identification, development and recommendation of appropriate data sources, analytical, modeling and reporting methodologies, techniques, structuring, templates and/or other tools.
• Lead and/or assign projects to upgrade or enhance data systems & sources, data quality, database functionalities, information system platforms or interfaces or other relevant technologies.
• Provide ongoing management oversight of MA customer operations automation/customer facing CRM systems and processes.
• Identify and recommend other special projects to support continuous development and enhancement of departmental operations and infrastructure.
• Support manager in development of annual or longer-range departmental goals, plans, operating budgets and other resource needs.
• Participate in the identification of, negotiation with, and commissioning and on-boarding of external vendor partners to support the work of MA operations customers.
• Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards within Medical Affairs Operations to support the broader MA team.
• Ensure internal customers receive timely, on-target and accurate research, analyses and reporting to support their business planning and budgeting processes (e.g., long- range Business Plan, 3-year and 1-year brand plans, and quarterly business reviews), working closely and collaboratively with a host of internal cross-functional partners.
• Represent MA operations on cross-functional initiatives, projects and/or work teams to optimize customer flow across FMI.
• Expertly direct external vendor partners supporting business needs, customer requirements, maintenance of CRM platforms, data management and reporting as needed.
• Ensure adequate training for MA operations, business partners, stakeholders and/or the broader MA organization on systems, functionalities, tools and associated business processes.
• Ensure projects and other work are completed on time, to high standards and within budget.
• Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of FMI activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management, computer/management information systems, life sciences or other related discipline
• 7+ years of professional experience in operations/process improvement projects and programs with progressively increasing responsibilities
• Experience with Medical Affairs Operations, Processes and Technologies
• Graduate-level Degree (e.g., MBA or other related discipline)
• Experience in the management of customer-facing operations and relationship management, including process and CRM systems
• Experience with detailed business analysis functions, including development of business process models
• Demonstrated evidence of success working in a cross-functional environment with ability to build strong relationships
• Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and execute tasks
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient safety and data privacy regulations and guidelines
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.