About the Job
The Associate Director, Procurement is responsible for developing and executing procurement strategies to support various Foundation Medicine services/goods needs, including Indirect – Technology, Human Resources, Marketing, and General & Administrative services or Direct – Material goods. Areas of focus for this position are strategic category management, supplier negotiations, supplier management, KPI development and reporting, cost reductions, supplier risk management, and improvement through collaboration with internal business partners and external suppliers. This role has regional and global responsibilities for identified spend categories and provides leadership and guidance to others as needed.
• Provide wide scope of leadership and guidance on the development and implementation of the Procurement strategy.
• Develop and execute category strategies in support of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) objectives that align with the needs of the business.
• Translate business requirements into clear procurement specifications and expectations through effective collaboration with internal stakeholders.
• Provide leadership/coaching to the Procurement team as required
• Manage project teams for spend categories, providing subject matter expertise and ensuring the completion of agreed deliverables.
• Present research-based recommended opportunities and action plans to Senior Management.
• Execute upon analysis of global category or market trends as well as information gathering and sourcing strategies for assigned materials and/or services.
• Periodically execute a variety of process and effectiveness improvements initiatives, including cost reduction and the tracking and reporting of functional metrics.
• Lead the business review process, monitor supplier improvement plans and drive savings for assigned categories.
• Ensure the development of a robust savings pipeline for mid to longer term savings.
• Make process improvement recommendations to the Head of Procurement in support of a 5 pillar Procurement strategy.
• Develop and measure key performance indicators including OTIF, RFT, Payment term compliance, POATF, savings, and other relevant compliance metrics.
• Manage the request for proposal (RFP) process for assigned categories.
• Perform supplier risk management data analysis.
• Periodically finalize purchase order and delivery details through FMIBuy tool.
• Additional related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 12+ years of procurement and/or strategic sourcing related experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration
• CPM or CPSM designation
• Experience in negotiating pricing, contract terms and conditions including statements of work (SOW)
• Experience leading projects along the Source-to-Pay continuum
• Multiple category procurement experience
• Experience working in the pharmaceutical, device or molecular technology industry
• Demonstrated record of successful cost reduction and operational efficiency
• Strong experience in communication and senior stakeholder management skills supported by strong communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated creative and innovative approach to problem solving
• Demonstrated history of proactivity within challenging or ambiguous situations
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Source-to-Pay applications
• Understanding of the relevant Direct or Indirect categories and potential cost levers and market drivers
• Moderate to complex level of financial analysis knowledge including business modeling
• Strong project management and team leadership skills
• Skills with influencing internal and external stakeholders, including executive management, to achieve the initiative objectives
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.