About the Job
The Associate Director, Regional Sales is a field-based role with direct customer engagement and oversees FMI’s commercial operations and manages members of the team. The position is responsible for managing business results, sales activities, field sales coaching, and cross-functional initiatives in a specific regional geography and making the day to day decisions required to manage the business function including deploying resources, allocating costs, and directing business activities.
• Develop and execute regional and territory business plans that align with the national and commercial strategy; coach to pull-through of national strategies as appropriate (e.g. AMC, community, pathology).
• Develop and maintain key customer relationships with c-suite, KOLs and admin stakeholders, assisting in developing business solutions that are mutually beneficial and applying broader business scenarios and customer-focused models that achieve breakthrough results.
• Plan and conduct regional sales meetings designed to enhance and develop sales and business skills, and convey existing and new product knowledge and applications.
• Coordinate with NAMs to pull through strategies at satellite centers in collaboration with AEs.
• Support AEs in developing account plans and engaging with senior stakeholders when appropriate.
• Train, coach, and evaluate the performance of AEs.
• Oversee FMI’s customer relationship management solutions for a defined geographic region.
• Interact with Key Stakeholders – decentralized c-suite, local c-suite for national accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical, diagnostics, research products or other relevant industry or commercial environment as a sales professional
• 2+ years as a manager of sales professionals
• Lives within 50 miles of defined geography
• Demonstrated track record as a Sales Leader with experience coaching and leading teams in oncology, genomics, biotechnology, or a related field
• Demonstrated track record of success coaching and selling oncology-based tests or products to medical oncology and/or pathology
• Knowledge of scientific and technical concepts, and experience communicating scientific or technical information to a range of audiences
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and approach to customer
• Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!