About the Job
The Associate Director, Talent Acquisition is a leadership role within the Talent Acquisition function. The role is responsible for all hiring below the VP level within FMI’s largest business until while leading a recruiting team to support that effort. The position champions best practices and, as a subject matter expert, leads the strategic improvement of recruitment capabilities, ensures excellent marketplace representation of FMI, and delivers outstanding recruiting results. This is a position which may require some travel (15%+).
• Leverage advanced skills and knowledge, lead a team of recruiting team, instructing on best practices and providing mentorship and coaching.
• Effectively manage and develop direct reports by:
• Train and guide recruiters on subject matter related to representing FMI in the marketplace.
• Actively contribute to the Talent Acquisition Leadership Team.
• Collaborate regularly on Talent Acquisition strategy and implement different team-wide initiatives and best practices.
• Partner with Talent Operations and People Strategy Leaders to create and deliver quarterly business hiring metrics to department and function leadership team(s).
• Problem solve more complex recruitment, business and Talent Acquisition issues.
• Strategically influence the business in 1-on-1 and group settings.
• Identify and drive strategies to improve the business experience.
• Provide professional representation for FMI and respond to mail, telephone, electronic, and in-person inquiries, addressing issues independently or completing referrals as appropriate and maintaining the contact database.
• Provide Talent Acquisition support to a specified function, set of functions, or departments as assigned; maintain availability to support Talent Acquisition in other departments or functions as needed.
• Leverage advanced knowledge of Talent Acquisition operations in optimizing processes, and maintain a full cycle recruiting process that attracts top talent.
• Partner closely with executive-level management and applicable HR Business Partner(s) to determine the prioritization of hiring needs for assigned functions.
• Perform hands-on, direct recruiting responsibilities including:
• Source and develop a pipeline of active and passive job seekers through networking techniques, professional organizations, available media, and referrals.
• Conduct evaluations of candidates and facilitate census meetings.
• Maintain an electronic record of candidacy approval or rejection with documented reasoning in compliance with applicable FMI Affirmative Action Plans.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8+ years experience with a professional recruiting environment
• 2+ years of experience managing and leading recruiting teams of 3 or more
• 2+ years of experience recruiting in the life sciences industry, including hiring for scientific or lab-based roles
• Prior professional experience recruiting for positions at or above the Director-level
• Prior professional experience successfully leading projects and/or programs
• Past professional experience within a recruitment agency
• Past professional internal talent acquisition experience
• Industry/domain experience within the assigned area of focus for the position
• Experience recruiting in support of scientific roles
• Expertise in “hunting and evaluating” talent
• Proven expertise in using social networking tools to hire top talent, including LinkedIn Recruiter
• Demonstrated acumen and passion for executive search and talent acquisition
• Demonstrated experience in setting priorities and effectively managing multiple projects
• Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency
• Demonstrated exceptional listening skills with the ability to comprehend what is said and probe for important details
• Excellent prioritization skills
• Strong sourcing skills with demonstrated success in networking or building pipelines as well as candidate assessment skills
• Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills to achieve win-win outcomes
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.