Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Associate Functional Lead role supports all Lab Operations development related aspects of the assigned Life Cycle Team(s), ensuring success of FMI’s portfolio of assays. The incumbent coordinates product development activities with Lab Operations (including International Operations), Supply Chain, Client Services, Quality, Translational Oncology and Clinical Reporting.
• Support the Lifecycle Operations Functional Lead(s) in the leadership of all Lab Operations aspects of detailed activities to launch new products and product improvements according to timeline, quality, budget and product and process requirements within the assigned product program(s), including global deployment.
• Manage the coordination of product, process development, and project activities with LabOps (US and international), Supply Chain, Client Services, Quality, TOCR, and Facilities.
• Generate cross-functional decision making ensuring successful launches that are operationally scalable, competitive, and driven with the patient in the forefront of everything we do.
• Act as owner of the end-to-end process, while being supported by the Functional Lead for each product area.
• Coordinate the creation and cascade of proactive Lifecycle Operations communications across multiple disciplines with a network and operational mindset.
• Facilitate assigned meetings, workshops, etc. to foster thorough documentation of operational requirements, data-driven decision-making, and efficient stakeholder management.
• Daily tracking and monitoring of progress to the objectives and key results of the Lifecycle team.
• Represent Lifecycle Operations and sub-teams within cross-functional R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Technology, and the Business Areas to ensure planned and predictable solutions to the market for our patients.
• Assist in the development and execution of operational strategy to execution project plans with an emphasis on robust design and/or technical transfer of scalable assays.
• Independently lead assigned strategic initiatives and projects that deliver results.
• Act as a liaison across the US Client Services and Lab Operations organization, as well as across the FMI enterprise globally.
• Strong understanding of behavioral change management as complicated processes can be turned into simple procedures. Train and role model agility.
• Champion collaboration and the development of a community of practice.
• Travel up to 30% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree (BS) and 5+ years experience; OR,
• Master's Degree (MS/MBA) and 3+ years experience in a leadership or product development role
• 1+ year(s) of experience in Next Generation Sequencing
• Experience working in pharmaceutical / healthcare industry
• Applied knowledge of product development processes with familiarity in the design control process
• Demonstrated competencies in team leadership, team facilitation, and team member participation
• Demonstrated ability to engage and deliver through indirect staff across many departments, countries, and cultures
• Demonstrated ability to deliver in a complex global organization
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to present across different levels / departments within the organization
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!