Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Associate Program Manager plays a critical role supporting the planning and delivery of large cross-functional Technology initiatives. The incumbent will support the International Delivery team and engage heavily with teams across the Technology department and with stakeholders from across the enterprise as well as external stakeholders outside of the U.S. The Associate Program Manager exercises strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills in contribution to bringing FMI products to patients throughout the world.
• Build trust-based relationships with program managers, technology teams, and stakeholders.
• Assume a lead role on focused program related activities (e.g. product requirement analysis, program level metrics).
• Organize and facilitate cross-team ceremonies and events (e.g. scrum of scrums, product requirements definition sessions).
• Collaborate with teams to ensure they understand deliverable and milestone expectations.
• Identify and remove roadblocks that impede the teams’ ability to meet a deliverable or milestone.
• Produce program level artifacts as assigned (e.g. Process Flows, Context Diagrams, Use Cases, etc.) to enhance and promote cross-functional alignment within technology teams.
• Coordinate and document program level quality and design artifacts and ensure they conform to FMI SOPs and Work Instructions.
• Contribute to the overall project scope, plan, and schedule.
• Contribute to the preparation and distribution of metrics and status reports to applicable stakeholders.
• Support ongoing risk and issue management.
• Address and correct deviations from plans.
• Manage expectations of cross-functional stakeholders, including senior leadership.
• Perform delivery planning for assigned program level activities and deliverables.
• Contribute to the definition/refinement of standard program management practices.
• Develop, or contribute to the development, of templates, work instructions and other tools to enable the development of standard program level deliverables (e.g. PRD, Flows).
• Serve as the lead program manager on small cross-functional initiatives.
• Support the lead program manager on large cross-functional initiatives by owning one or more program responsibilities (e.g. business analysis, metrics, risk analysis).
• Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving that addresses details and maintains the ‘big picture’ view. When obstacles materialize and no scripted playbook is available, act as a point person for adaptation, improvisation, and finding solutions.
• Represent the program to all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of delivery.
• Travel domestically and/or internationally up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology, or mathematics
• 2+ years of experience managing software development projects with cross-functional teams
• 1+ year(s) of experience leading projects using Agile methodologies
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, Mathematics, or a life science
• Agile Program Management Certifications, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional credentials
• 3+ years of experience using SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• 2+ years of experience developing software in a regulated environment, preferably FDA regulated
• Working understanding of diverse software development methodologies such as Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Scrum, Kanban, eXtreme Programming, Pair Programming, and SAFe, plus the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit specific project and business objectives
• Balanced business and technical background, with sufficient technical knowledge to provide collaborate with technology leads to give direction to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Demonstrated experience using Agile Project management tools such as Jira/Confluence or equivalent, SmartSheet, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Experience working in a virtual environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.