Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join our Medical Reporting team. This group works to integrate FMI’s systems with various external partners to ensure our tests and data can help our partners make more informed treatment decisions. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews and technical documentation. Code created in this position will be reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well commented. As part of the job, you will work collaboratively across several teams throughout the enterprise and get to help make a difference in patient’s lives.
• Create, configure, or extend programs and applications designated by business need.
• Develop FMI’s software in use by the business; in particular, all Enterprise Systems software.
• Attend cross-functional meetings with project managers, end users and other internal and external stakeholders at pre-set intervals to gather information for requirements.
• Assist in defining and documenting architecture, functional and design requirements.
• Assist in developing formal technical specifications based upon requirements captured.
• Perform testing of code and work prior to implementation.
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverage best practices and support continuous product delivery.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design and code reviews.
• Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Participate in, and periodically lead, scrum ceremonies.
• Provide software engineering experience and support to the business per business needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree OR 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Software Engineering, Programming, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
• Technology Certifications
• Experience writing unit tests using:
• Solid knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and SCSS
• Proficient knowledge of object-oriented programming and functional programming languages
• Exposure to modern web technologies and techniques, including but not limited to:
• ECMAScript 2015/2016 (ES6/7)
• NPM package ecosystem
• Exposure to cloud development (Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.)
• Familiarity with Lambda, Docker, containerization and microservices
• Exposure to writing code for cross-browser compatibility
• Demonstrated history of writing tests prior to other steps
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Demonstrated ability of a strong work ethic and of meeting project deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, collaborate team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Strong presentation skills and basic knowledge of presentation software
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!