About the Job
The Chief Business Officer is a member of the Executive Team of FMI and develops and executes a forward-thinking strategy for the Biopharma business. The focus of this position is to lead a high-performing team that includes business development, solutions and partnerships, and partner alliance management functions. Specifically, this executive is responsible for supporting the team in the identification of new partnerships, the expansion and development of existing partnerships, strategic approaches, and the execution of partnership commitments, leveraging FMI’s existing portfolio of Biopharma solutions including NGS-based genomic assays, analysis capabilities, SmartTrials services, molecular information solutions, and companion diagnostic development.
This growth-oriented executive is an active supporter of their team by removing obstacles and working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, including FMI Operations, Technology, Research and Development, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, and Finance, to ultimately exceed the expectations of Biopharma partners. This executive is also a member of joint management teams with our partners. As a key member of FMI’s Executive Leadership Team, this individual serves as the voice of the Biopharma business both internally and externally in the life sciences market. As a visionary business leader, creative relationship builder, and strategic thinker who can ascertain what is needed next in Biopharma partnerships, this partner motivates a strong team and leads the Biopharma business into its next phase of growth.
• Lead a dynamic team or teams of Strategic Partnerships and Solutions, Business Development and Alliance Management professionals.
• Deliver on revenue targets and manage within budget.
• Partner with the team members identified above to help identify and provide guidance on the business priorities of these teams.
• Partner with the team to deliver on annual strategy and forge a view into future growth opportunities for the company.
• Partner with the ET and team to identify future opportunities with our Biopharma partners.
• Co-Chair our Customer Facing Team and PGC decisions for those efforts.
• Execute upon and support professional development initiatives of the business team(s) for which the position is assigned.
• Deliver on the strategic objectives and the quarterly and annual revenue goals for Biopharma accounts.
• Maintain ongoing communication with other Executive Team members and leaders of Operations, Product Development, Technology, and other cross-functional teams to address the operational and tactical aspects of pharma and biotech relationships.
• Serve as a key point of escalation by problem solving senior and executive-level customer interactions across the Biopharma partnership portfolio.
• Partner and build relationships with senior-level Research and Development and Commercial Executives at partner organizations.
• Identify and develop additional value-creation opportunities across the Biopharma solutions portfolio.
• Contribute to the overall development of the Biopharma solutions portfolio by supporting strategic transactions outside the direct Biopharma business line that contribute to the successful achievement of FMI’s overall goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 15+ years of working experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals or clinical diagnostics
• Master’s-level degree or higher in the life sciences
• 3+ years in a VP-level position
• Significant experience with targeted oncology therapeutics and related diagnostic tools in a Biopharma organization
• Experience managing and growing long-term strategic partnerships
• Demonstrated ability to implement positive change in a dynamic and growing organization
• Demonstrated history of positive, collaborative leadership on an organization’s executive management team
• Proven track record of developing and executing on new and value-creating deals in the life sciences sector across a range of product development and commercialization stages; a strong “deal sheet”
• Demonstrated strategic thinking through examples of long-term strategy accomplishments simultaneous to near-term priorities
• Demonstrated success in leading and working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams in the development and execution of partnership commitments; ideally across multiple functional areas and development phases
• Prior profit and loss responsibility
• Expert in leading, mentoring, and motivating high performing teams and individuals
• Deep expertise in building relationships with an established history of building and maintaining senior-level relationships at customer organizations
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Excellent negotiation skills with demonstrated history of successfully obtaining mutually beneficial agreements
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Strong alignment with company’s purpose, values and mission, and history of inspiring this in one’s own team
• Strong understanding of business priorities
• Proactive nature as demonstrated in previous work history
• Strong general management and entrepreneurial mindset
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.