Full Time | Boston | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Chief of Staff, Global Portfolio Strategy supports the SVP, GPS and the GPS Leadership Team in overseeing strategic business initiatives from development through to successful execution. This key position collaborates with senior leaders and executives across Foundation Medicine and is responsible for improving current processes and coordinating organizational procedures to optimize efficiency and productivity. As a key member of GPS leadership, the incumbent will deeply understand and improve corporate processes and program management across GPS, and successfully implement progress with stakeholders across FMI.
• Design and implement initiatives for cohesion, improved alignment and engagement among Operations teams and other departments through analyzing information and data across the organization.
• Function as the point person for the SVP, GPS.
• Preparing for executive presentations and measuring progress against strategic initiatives. Support in the annual budget preparation for the GPS organization.
• Develop structure and process for improved communication within GPS as well as across other teams. Ensure activities are running efficiently within and across teams.
• Set the agendas of GPS leadership meetings and ensure successful preparation and organization of these meetings.
• Provide “sounding board” active listening and the application of knowledge and expertise to problem solve a broad range of areas that impact progress
• Build and develop relationships for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness, and help to define new operational strategies, working with SVP, GPS and executives on special projects
• Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
• Measure progress and report on initiatives agreed upon by GPS leaders, including identifying the processes needed to align.
• Drive business priorities from start to finish. Execute special projects or initiatives on behalf of the SVP, GPS or GPS leadership.
• Work on efforts to develop FMI’s culture and make FMI a great place to work
• Other related projects and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of experience in in a business management role, with a focus on strategy, operational administration, and/or interdepartmental collaboration
• Undergraduate degree with a life sciences concentration, Master of Business Administration degree
• Management experience in a biotechnology environment
• Experience leading and managing strategic initiatives and as well as developing and delivering presentations to senior management and large groups
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to create content with a deep understanding of industry-specific subject matter, and company standards
• Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills with proven cross-functional and multi-level relationship building skills
• Developed negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills and ability
• Solid experience in leading, mentoring, and motivating teams
• Aligned with FMI’s mission and values
• Results and deadline driven, working well under high pressure situations while staying resourceful, tactful, persistent, and flexible in responding to rapidly changing demands
• Comfortable dealing with and handling highly confidential information
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.