Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Client Services Representative is a vital position at FMI tasked with the responsibility of responding to and resolving a wide range of client inquiries and requests as well as acting as a liaison between departments within FMI, and between FMI and its partners, customers and the patient. The incumbent operates in a supportive function within the fast-paced Client Services department.
• Provide education, guidance, and support to customers and patients about Foundation Medicine’s products and services.
• Provide a supportive link between external customers and internal operations, while demonstrating a positive and professional image through communication via phone and e-mail.
• Successfully manage high volumes of client-facing interactions and establish strong rapport with physicians, medical/lab staff, and patients via phone and e-mail communication.
• Use problem solving skills to create and offer solutions to customer issues of varied complexity.
• Ensure the successful and secure transmission of Foundation Medicine patient reports and other testing status updates.
• Document all communication and maintain appropriate records.
• Assist in sample procurement and supply ordering.
• Assist in entering new test requests into the system.
• Review and update test requests with ambiguous patient information.
• Maintain and update database of patient information.
• Notify appropriate internal management of client issues and complaints.
• Meet deadlines and work gracefully under pressure.
• Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and exceeding service and quality expectations. Demonstrated aptitude with dealing with demanding client needs and demonstrates effective conflict resolution telephone skills.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, according to shifting priorities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 1+ years of experience in a role where service skill sets are required
• Computer proficiency, strong typing and data entry skills
• Bachelors’ Degree or advanced education
• One or more years of experience in a client services role where deductive reasoning is necessary and related service skill sets are required
• Ability to work full-time in an open office environment
• Ability to understand and communicate scientific or technical information
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Experience with phone-based support or call center experience
• Experience working in a laboratory or life sciences setting
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and understand complexity of industry and business
• Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Track record of demonstrated integrity
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to receive information from all levels in order to achieve desired results
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use laboratory management systems
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!