In close cooperation with Roche, you will inform, support and assist our customers with regard to our products and services. While Roche is interacting directly with customers in multiple countries, you will be the connecting link to our Foundation Medicine Laboratory. You will be responsible for sample management, providing product information, complaint handling and a successful delivery of patient reports. As part of our Client Services Team you will be an important contributor to our customer experience and day to day cancer care.
What the job is about
· You will take care of our senders and ensure a smooth workflow as well as customer satisfaction.
· You will be a key intermediary between our Penzberg Team, Foundation Medicine in the USA, the senders as well as external partners.
· You will ensure that all communications, patient reports and other documents are successfully submitted.
· You will be responsible for maintaining our database of customer information.
· You will be the first point of contact for our senders with regard to sample material handling and you will resolve any issues quickly using your problem-solving skills
· You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree (preferably with a background in natural sciences).
· Experience in and enjoyment of customer interaction and service is required.
· Ideally, you have work experience in a laboratory environment.
· You can communicate scientific and technical information in an appropriate manner for the intended audience.
· You are an organizational talent, know how to prioritize and have a high level of diligence and accuracy.
· You are fluent in German and English language.
Development opportunities and benefits
· You can expect a high degree of independence and a flexible working environment.
· We stand for sincere and trust-based interaction with each other.
· Your personal and professional development is very important to us.
· All the advantages of a familiar work environment while being embedded in a large, global company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
The past twelve months have been beyond exceptional and nobody can deny the impacts the global corona pandemic had on our daily lives. However, there were many positives. Our working environment had to quickly adapt to the new situation and employers and employees just the same had to accommodate to the new circumstances. Continued or exclusive work from remote has become “the new normal” – and to everyone’s surprise, it is working just as well.
Learn more from Vera , VP, International Operations & Managing Director Foundation Medicine GmbH.
Foundation Medicines European subsidiary is located within the Roche Campus in Penzberg, Germany, just a couple of miles south of Munich. Roche Penzberg is one of Europe’s largest biotechnology centers, employing around 6,200 people from over 50 nations.
In addition to laboratory operations, the site functions as hub for internal collaborations and partnerships. The central location in Europe and within the Penzberg campus allow for a strong synergy between Foundation Medicine, various national and international partners and Roche.
The Foundation Medicine team in Penzberg consists of several groups, such as Laboratory Operations, Client Services & Accessioning, Computational Biology, Quality Assurance, Automation Engineering, Project management, Finance and IT. Many of the Roche amenities on campus can also be used by Foundation Medicine employees, such as the gym, canteen, and bus services.
Learn more about our German location from our Project Manager, Barbara.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!