About the Job
The Client Services Representative is a vital position at FMI tasked with the responsibility of responding to and resolving a wide range of client inquiries and requests as well as acting as a liaison between departments within FMI, and between FMI and its partners, customers and the patient. The incumbent operates in a supportive function within the fast-paced Client Services department.
• Provide education, guidance, and support to customers and patients about Foundation Medicine’s products and services.
• Provide a supportive link between external customers and internal operations, while demonstrating a positive and professional image through communication via phone and e-mail.
• Successfully manage high volumes of client-facing interactions and establish strong rapport with physicians, medical/lab staff, and patients via phone and e-mail communication.
• Use problem solving skills to create and offer solutions to customer issues of varied complexity.
• Ensure the successful and secure transmission of Foundation Medicine patient reports and other testing status updates.
• Document all communication and maintain appropriate records.
• Assist in sample procurement and supply ordering.
• Assist in entering new test requests into the system.
• Review and update test requests with ambiguous patient information.
• Maintain and update database of patient information.
• Notify appropriate internal management of client issues and complaints.
• Meet deadlines and work gracefully under pressure.
• Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and exceeding service and quality expectations. Demonstrated aptitude with dealing with demanding client needs and demonstrates effective conflict resolution telephone skills.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, according to shifting priorities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 1+ years of experience in a role where service skill sets are required
• Computer proficiency, strong typing and data entry skills
• Bachelors’ Degree or advanced education
• One or more years of experience in a client services role where deductive reasoning is necessary and related service skill sets are required
• Ability to work full-time in an open office environment
• Ability to understand and communicate scientific or technical information
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Experience with phone-based support or call center experience
• Experience working in a laboratory or life sciences setting
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and understand complexity of industry and business
• Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Track record of demonstrated integrity
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to receive information from all levels in order to achieve desired results
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use laboratory management systems
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.