About the Job
The Intern, Clinical Data Management Associate provides data management support for FMI’s biopharmaceutical and academic research partners as data is generated, analyzed, and reported.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Cambridge, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Responsible for standard data deliverables such as standard genomic analysis to biopharmaceutical and academic research partners.
• Provide support for the execution of raw data requests and non-standard data requests.
• Provide support for review and quality control activities for formal data transfers to external partners, including IXRS (interactive response system) transfers and data reconciliation.
• Provide support for ongoing studies to the data management team to meet data deliverable requirements.
• Provide support for internal process improvements around data delivery.
• Provide input to the internal software development team to improve processes and technology used to perform data transfers and assist in reconciliation efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Rising senior in a four-year degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in health sciences, biological sciences, clinical research, life sciences, public health or related field of study
• Interest in clinical research, cancer research, public health
• Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.