About the Job
The Clinical Program Lead, Clinical Operations and Data Management provides comprehensive operational support for FMI’s participation in clinical trials sponsored by biopharma partners, academic partners, and FMI-led trials. This position is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the execution plans for the clinical studies they support from initial study intake through final project deliverables. The position maintains proactive, clear and customer-centric communication, day-to-day project management, and operational excellence with a solutions-oriented mindset and a keen focus on problem solving. The Clinical Program Lead works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders across functions to manage samples, timelines, resource plans and critical path activities, directly impacting the successful implementation and on-going execution of clinical studies.
Study Planning and Start-Up
• Facilitate study intake process with partner/collaborator, evaluate feasibility of study with internal stakeholders and obtain FMI approval to support clinical trial (via CSP, SRC, or PRORECO meeting) with finalized SOW.
• Communicate decisions to external partners and collaborators.
• Support internal FMI study start-up activities including contracting, finalization of study materials including manuals, study specific requisition forms/kits, project specific plans and sample processing guidelines.
• Collaborate with partner to establish working approach, including optimization of communication and sharing of tools.
• Deliver study start-up training with partner and external clinical trial sites as required.
• Deliver study start-up training with internal stakeholders.
• Manage the implementation, on-time execution and conduct of FMI support of clinical studies, including the management of milestones, timelines and deliverables, development and management of budget/finances, sample forecasting and invoicing, and management of resources.
• Work and collaborate closely with laboratory teams and Process Specialists to ensure sample tracking and chain of custody is maintained through accessioning through data/report delivery.
• Partner with the Data Management and Data Reporting Team to ensure timely delivery of a quality data product in line with partner expectations and contractual deliverables.
• Identify and mitigate against study risks, escalating as necessary.
• Engage in problem solving as needed related to sample receipt, accessioning, tracking, genomic analysis, report generation and dissemination.
• Effectively track and communicate program/study progress to partners, including through creation and updating of detailed dashboards and trackers.
• Provide study updates and escalate as needed to FMI leadership including Clinical Operations Data Management, Alliance Management and Clinical Development.
• Ensure timely documentation, and communication of decisions, and updates on timelines and deliverables.
• Support Laboratory Operations and Process Specialists with sample return and destruction process for partner and collaborator samples.
• Support partner/collaborator and internal process audits.
• Contribute to study close-out reports and close studies within FMI systems.
• Maintain documentation on key study contacts (internal and external).
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide study updates as needed to Clinical Operations and biopharma leadership.
• Lead partner-facing study meetings.
• Maintain an awareness of competitive landscape, changing regulations and guidance, assess the impact on clinical projects, and make modifications as necessary.
• Creatively approach challenges and problem resolution to optimize the conduct of clinical trials.
Process Oversight and Study Compliance
• Support Clinical Operations initiatives to improve study management and data management processes.
• Serve as an FMI resource regarding clinical trial regulations.
• Track, resolve and communicate NCRs/process deviations with direct impact on study operations to partners.
• Initiate CAPAs in conjunction with Process and Training Leads and QA to correct and prevent issues from reoccurring.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific field or 4+ years of experience in clinical trial or data management roles in lieu of a Degree, AND
• 2+ years of clinical trial or data management experience in a professional life science environment
• Masters or Advanced Degree in a business or scientific discipline
• 3+ years of clinical operations experience in the biopharmaceutical or diagnostic industry or an academic medical center
• 1+ years of professional or academic experience:
· in clinical oncology trials
· in a Clinical Research Organization (CRO) or lab vendor environment
· handling complex clinical data sets including genomic data
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated evidence of success working in a cross-functional environment; able to build strong relationships
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Understanding of ICH GCP regulations and guidelines as they apply to the conduct of clinical trials globally
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient safety and data privacy regulations and guidelines
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!