About the job:
• You will be a key intermediary between our Penzberg Team and the broader Foundation Medicine Team in the USA.
• You will facilitate the study intake process with partner/collaborator, evaluate feasibility of study with internal stakeholders and obtain FMI approval to support clinical trials.
• You will manage the implementation, on-time execution and conduct of FMI support of clinical studies, including the management of milestones, timelines and deliverables, development and management of budget/finances, sample forecasting and invoicing, and management of resources.
• You will build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide study updates as needed to Clinical Operations and biopharma leadership.
• You support Clinical Operations initiatives to improve study management and data management processes.
• You hold a bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or 4+ years of experience in clinical trial or data management roles in lieu of a degree, AND you are able to work closely with internal and external teams to ensure quality of our FMI product.
• 2+ years of clinical trial or data management experience in a professional life science environment, masters or advanced degree in a business or scientific discipline.
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated evidence of success working in a cross-functional environment; able to build strong relationships.
• You are fluent in English and ideally in German
Development opportunities and benefits:
• You can expect a high degree of independence and a flexible working environment.
• We stand for sincere and trust-based interaction with each other.
• Your personal and professional development is very important to us.
• All the advantages of a familiar work environment while being embedded in a large, global company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
The past twelve months have been beyond exceptional and nobody can deny the impacts the global corona pandemic had on our daily lives. However, there were many positives. Our working environment had to quickly adapt to the new situation and employers and employees just the same had to accommodate to the new circumstances. Continued or exclusive work from remote has become “the new normal” – and to everyone’s surprise, it is working just as well.
Learn more from Vera , VP, International Operations & Managing Director Foundation Medicine GmbH.
Foundation Medicines European subsidiary is located within the Roche Campus in Penzberg, Germany, just a couple of miles south of Munich. Roche Penzberg is one of Europe’s largest biotechnology centers, employing around 6,200 people from over 50 nations.
In addition to laboratory operations, the site functions as hub for internal collaborations and partnerships. The central location in Europe and within the Penzberg campus allow for a strong synergy between Foundation Medicine, various national and international partners and Roche.
The Foundation Medicine team in Penzberg consists of several groups, such as Laboratory Operations, Client Services & Accessioning, Computational Biology, Quality Assurance, Automation Engineering, Project management, Finance and IT. Many of the Roche amenities on campus can also be used by Foundation Medicine employees, such as the gym, canteen, and bus services.
Learn more about our German location from our Project Manager, Barbara.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!