About the Job
The Intern, Clinical Trials Strategy & Product Development (Graduate) provides strategic and product marketing support as part of FMI's SmartTrials portfolio. The SmartTrials portfolio aims to reduce barriers to clinical trial enrollment for biomarker-eligible patients in oncology. The role actively participates on a cross-functional team of product managers, design researchers, commercial representatives, and other members of the extended FMI organization in order to inform new product development in the context of oncology clinical trials.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Build and execute a market research plan:
· Lead secondary market research on topics within clinical trials in oncology;
· Partner with Experience Design to conduct primary interviews with oncology care providers.
• Develop content that represents research findings in a succinct, easy to understand format.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Clinical Operations, Biopharma Business Development, Commercial Sales, Marketing, Technology) to build understanding of key factors that influence clinical trial treatment decisions.
• Work with team members to develop recommendations and roadmap for removing key barriers to clinical trial treatment decisions.
• Execute against recommendations as possible.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Current first year Master’s student pursuing an MBA or other Master’s program, such as MS Engineering, from an accredited institution
• 2+ years of work experience in an analytical, problem-solving strategic function
• Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, or in an equivalent scientific or business/analytical field
• 2+ years of prior life science or healthcare industry experience either in an operating role or an indirect role (e.g. consulting)
• History of successfully leading or influencing cross-functional product teams through strategic and competitive analyses, product road mapping, and feature prioritization
• Background in oncology and/or diagnostics
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Strong familiarity with healthcare language and terminology
• Familiarity and/or previous experience with clinical trials
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office; specifically, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.