Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Cloud Computing Co-op partners with the Cloud Operations, Information Technology and Software Engineering Teams in support of FMI's cloud deployments and global operational strategies in the cloud.
• Assist the Cloud Computing Team and Information Technology department with cloud deployments, including high-performance grid computing and management of a scalable data lifecycle storage architecture.
• Maintain uptime on all assigned systems.
• Make improvements to system features, automation and key usability.
• Support daily monitoring and continuous enhancement of performance and productivity.
• Support projects which may include:
• Partnering across the technology teams to maintain best practices;
• Integration of post-deployment automated testing;
• Design and implementation of automation scripts;
• Maintenance and operations tasks; and,
• Working with product teams to promote DevOps principles.
• Other duties pertinent to cloud computing as periodically assigned.
• Enrolled in college or university pursuing a Master’s Degree or a Ph.D. in a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a science discipline
• Experience working:
• Knowledgeable of:
• Practical exposure to:
• Exposure or willingness to learn Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or other DevOps automation tools
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!