Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Cloud Operations (CloudOps) Engineer is responsible for all aspects of our AWS environment, as well as FMI software deployment CI/CD pipeline; including design, provisioning, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of our software suite. The position works with customers, investigates cloud incident reports, and as a member of the CloudOps team is change champion in the adoption of new ways to build and release code. The incumbent partners with development teams to maintain best practices, integrate continuous automated testing, instantiate automation scripts, maintain and operate CI/CD pipeline software, and additionally partners with product teams to promote DevOps principles within our AWS centric environment.
• Support the FMI development teams to maintain uptime and reduce impact to patients.
• Act as escalation point for all Cloud and DevOps platform support requests.
• Provide support and guidance for operational requests regarding Cloud technology.
• Oversee, develop, and manage all DevOps platform tools and processes.
• Create, review, modify, and update AWS CloudFormation templates and Jenkins files.
• Participate in the Cloud Operations 24/7 on-call rotation.
• Design and implement solutions to streamline business processes to achieve company goals more effectively and efficiently.
• Partner directly with architects and product developers to create supportable designs and debug problems.
• Independently research new technologies and propose a method to integrate them into existing technology stack.
• Manage project timelines and workloads.
• Deliver solutions in an Agile methodology.
• Promote microservice architecture best practices to development teams.
• Create and deliver presentations and documentation to the Technology team.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of professional information technology experience in lieu of a degree, AND
• 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in Linux or Windows system engineering, including 1+ year(s) experience in a DevOps environment
• Degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related engineering field
• 5+ years in cloud computing, DevOps or IT
• Experience in managing or designing cloud deployment software
• Experience with CI/CD philosophy, processes, and toolsets
• Knowledgeable of cloud architecture, networking, system administration, and security best practices
• Experience with orchestration tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or other similar products
• Familiarity with monitoring tools such as ELK, New Relic, DataDog, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, etc.
• Experience with infrastructure as code frameworks such as CloudFormation, Terraform, or other similar products
• A solid understanding of JSON, XML, and related notational data representations
• Understanding and experience working with version control software such as Git
• Comfortable administering a Git management tool, such as GitHub Enterprise
• Comfortable with working in both Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Amazon Linux) and Windows environments
• Hands on experience with infrastructure tools such as AWS, VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, and Swarm
• Extensive knowledge about APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
• Experience designing and scripting “self-healing” cloud architecture
• Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset, including Jira and Confluence
• Ability to work on a 24/7 on-call rotation, and prior experience on a rotation
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Developed written and oral communication skills, effective collaboration, and problem solving skillset
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!