The Cloud Engineer sits on the Platforms Team and is responsible for collaborating on Cloud Solutions and Architecture to develop a variety of complex long-term engineering projects involving multiple disciplines across different business units. The role works on the design, delivery and productionizing of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment as well as all aspects of FMI’s design, provision, deployment, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of the platform.
• Execute initiatives to improve cloud applications via delivery and support.
• Support research on new technology and how to effectively and elegantly integrate them into FMI’s existing enterprise platform.
• Assist development teams with application, infrastructure and production deployment.
• Write, test, and refactor Infrastructure as code that adheres to patterns and standards.
• Create, review, modify, and update AWS CloudFormation scripts.
• Maintain uptime on all systems while making improvements to system features and usability.
• Work with FMI’s Development and Operations teams to streamline continuous integration and deployments of internal applications.
• Implement solutions to streamline business processes that achieve company goals more effectively and efficiently.
• Operationalize cloud applications and cloud infrastructure with processes and documentation.
• Instantiate automation scripts.
• Deliver solutions using Agile methodology.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of professional information technology experience in lieu of a degree, AND
• 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in Linux or Windows system engineering, including 1+ year(s) of production public cloud experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 1+ year(s) of cloud computing, bash scripting, and/or software development experience
• 6+ months of project experience using or related to Amazon Web Services
• Experience managing cloud deployment software
• Familiarity with:
· Networking, system administration, and security best practices
· Both Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments
· Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
· Simple Storage Service (S3)
· Elastic Block Store (EBS)
· Elastic File System (EFS)
· CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar iterative template creation experience
· Chef, Ansible, or other automation tools
· Using GitHub and other source control solutions to version code/configuration changes
· Network File System
· Server Message Block
· Docker and container services
· Windows automation
· Scripting in Powershell
· Monitoring tools CloudWatch, DataDog or New Relic APM
· Experience with on call rotations using PagerDuty
· Using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) or Splunk logging to troubleshoot applications
· Nix and other mixed operating systems
· Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and toolsets
• Understanding of “self-healing” cloud architecture
• Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence
• Strong time sensitive deliverable management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills that include developed written and oral communication skills, effective collaboration techniques and the ability to problem solve within a team and cross-functionally
• Understanding of least privileged security best practices
• Stakeholder management skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.