Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Cloud Operations (CloudOps) Engineer II is responsible for all aspects of our AWS environment as well as FMI software deployment CI/CD pipeline; including design, provisioning, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of our software suite. The position works with customers, investigates cloud incident reports, and as a member of the CloudOps team is change champion in the adoption of a new ways to build and release code. The incumbent partners with development teams to maintain best practices, integrate continuous automated testing, instantiate automation scripts, maintain and operate CI/CD pipeline software, and additionally partners with product teams to promote DevOps principles within our AWS centric environment.
• Support the FMI development teams to maintain uptime and reduce impact to patients.
• Act as escalation point for all Cloud and DevOps platform support requests.
• Provide support and guidance for operational requests regarding Cloud technology.
• Oversee, develop, and manage a subset of FMI’s DevOps platform tools and processes.
• Create, review, modify, and update AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins scripts.
• Participate in the Cloud Operations 24/7 On-Call rotation.
• Design and implement solutions to streamline business processes to achieve company goals more effectively and efficiently.
• Partner directly with architects and product developers to create supportable designs and debug problems.
• Research new technologies independently and propose a method to integrate them into existing technology stack.
• Manage project timelines and workloads.
• Deliver solutions in an Agile methodology.
• Promote microservice architecture best practices to development teams.
• Create and deliver presentations and documentation to the Technology team.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of work experience in Cloud or DevOps
• Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related engineering field
• 3+ years in cloud computing, DevOps or IT
• Experience with:
• Experience and understanding of working with version control software such as Git
• Solid understanding of JSON, XML, and related notational data representations
• Knowledge of cloud architecture, networking, system administration, and security best practices
• Knowledge about APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
• Familiarity with monitoring tools such as ELK, New Relic, DataDog, SonarQube, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, etc.
• Familiarity with administering a Git management tool, such as GitHub Enterprise
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!