The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Co-op, Cancer Genomics Research works with the Cancer Genomics team in Product Development. This position is involved with the investigation, implementation, and validation of computational methods for the development of clinical diagnostic assays, identification of biomarker signatures, and discovery of novel cancer genomics findings from FMI’s clinical dataset of targeted sequencing and liquid biopsy (ctDNA) specimens.
• Develop, analyze, and test computational methods to enhance FMI’s clinical diagnostic platform and identify novel biomarker signatures.
• Conduct cancer genomics research using FMI’s genomics dataset with the potential to assist in drafting and completing a manuscript for publication.
• Collaborate with biopharma and academic partners on cancer genomics research.
• Develop an independent project related to cancer genomics.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Current junior or sophomore enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a biomedical science, computer science or equivalent field
• Basic computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with writing code for genomic data analysis (Python, R, etc.)
• Substantive research experience in a rigorous academic or industry setting
• Knowledge of cancer biology, genomics, and/or Next Generation Sequencing data analysis
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills and effective collaboration skills
• Strategic thinker, intellectually curious, problem solver, with a passion for transforming cancer care
• Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and tenacity
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values of Passion, Collaboration, Patients and Innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.