At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Co-op, Corporate Communications at FMI provides college students with the opportunity to gain first hand industry experience working for a Corporate Communications team in the biotechnology space. The Co-op will gain valuable experience through supporting, and in some cases leading, several important communications projects across a number of areas across FMI.
A co-op role at FMI for this term is typically January 2022 – June 2022 (dates are flexible). Full time availability (40 hours per week).
• Write and produce content for FMI’s corporate social media channels.
• Partner with the in-house Creative team on accompanying visual elements.
• Write, edit and support external communications initiatives, including:
• Support the Corporate Communications team by maintaining an editorial calendar, including Thought Leadership opportunities.
• Compile design resources with the Creative team for external use and create evergreen content elements that support FMI’s brand story.
• Support and collaborate on content development with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with cross-functional communications, including:
• Assist with media relations logistics.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Enrolled in a degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
• GPA of 3.2 or higher
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and PowerPoint
• Prior experience in the medical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology industry, or in communications
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
• Ability to deliver results with limited direction or guidance
• Highly motivated
• Strong work ethic and tenacity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values of Passion, Collaboration, Patients and Innovation
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.